My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

Frog DH Hornet F.3

And another 'Holy Grail' falls to me.Never knew on existed until 6 months ago and now I've won one of them.  Apparently,there were some injection gaming miniatures of several ships from Blake's 7 - Liberator, Federation Pursuit ship, System chase ship and Scorpio! The latter was the only one I was interested in and now I have one (subject to Royal Mail bolshevism and incompetance).  That is definitely falling into rubber as I'd like another two, the sister ships Gemini and Aries.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

From the Model Fayre at Cov/Warks Midland Air Museum:

1/48th Hobbycraft Sea Fury with stores....will be Pakistan AF Fury FB.60...I have the decals.
The rest are all 1/72nd:
2 x Revell Vampires
Clone of a Frog Javelin
Armourfast STUG III
Armourfast STUH 42
PM Sea Fury T.61...Iraqi and Pakistan markings (mine will be Pakistan AF)
Generic sheet of Pakistan roundels/fin markings.

:lol: :tank: :lol:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Steel Penguin

Wooksta.
Who did that Scorpio please? as im interested in acquiring both it and the outhers you mentioned.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

I honestly haven't got a clue.  They've popped recently, so loft clearances.  Never in any packaging either.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Steel Penguin

drat drat and double drat....
i will have to keep an eye peeled at wargames shows, to see if any show there.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

MiB

Quote from: Aircav on November 22, 2011, 10:51:30 AM
Skippy or Skipinder, the Punjabi Kangaroo if you like arrived today and very nice it is too. It's cast in resin by Legend as you can see and in 1/35 scale but no instructions.   ;D

R u serious? :blink:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

PR19_Kit

While attemtping to REDUCE the contents of my Loft by taking some to the Coventry Trade Show today, I actually bought two more kits, a Hobbycraft F-89J Scorpion and a Revell Ju-290.  :o

I did actually sell more models than I bought but came about level on the financial side.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sudzonic

Quote from: Weaver on December 03, 2011, 09:45:47 AM
Quote from: sudzonic on December 03, 2011, 05:07:29 AM
A few weeks ago I was talking to our local postie and mentioned that I build models, she said oh  my other half has a load of kits he has never built! So the other day she dropped them off and well I was not expecting this lot!

Better establish that he knows she's dropped them off before building any...... ;)

I am assuming so, the problem is I do not have space for the big 1/24 scale huricane and spit or the 1/48 lanc for that matter!
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Steel Penguin on December 04, 2011, 08:53:19 AM
Wooksta.
Who did that Scorpio please? as im interested in acquiring both it and the outhers you mentioned.

I'll bear you in mind when I start casting then.

Two more ebay wins, two more Hornets - one Frog (70s white boxing - boo!), one boxed Novo.  Three in one day.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Aircav

Quote from: MiB on December 04, 2011, 11:46:32 AM
Quote from: Aircav on November 22, 2011, 10:51:30 AM
Skippy or Skipinder, the Punjabi Kangaroo if you like arrived today and very nice it is too. It's cast in resin by Legend as you can see and in 1/35 scale but no instructions.   ;D
R u serious? :blink:

Sometimes why?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

McColm

Two Airfix 1/72 BAe Nimrods kits priced at £19 each :thumbsup:

Howard of Effingham

from the coventry trade show yesterday....

hasegawa 1/72 OV-1 mohawk
heller 1/72 mirage IIIE/R/5
2 hobbyboss rafales [single and two seat land based variants]
couple of vacforms [lightning T5 and vampire T11]
ltaleri 1/72 Me110G nightfighter
airfix 1/72 HP jetstream

several decal sheets

several 1/35 UK figure sets all for modification to go with the new hobbyboss landrovers.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

Remember, the Early Learning Centre Meerkat Pup heads are perfect for 1/35th figures ;D ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Green Dragon

Todays ebay arrivals are a Heller Noratlas (mint and sealed from Plastic Pastimes) so I can now build my not so mint and dented box one!
Revell F4U Corsair (2nd in a week because I bid on two hoping to get one but accidently won both).
Revell F-14D Last Flight (not sure what I'll do with this, maybe Aussie Navy?).
Severely tempted to bid on some Frog Hornets but figured "Nah... I bet Lee is watching them" and from his earlier post I think he was!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)