My Stash Just Grew Again (2011)

Started by Maverick, December 31, 2010, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on December 05, 2011, 11:28:32 AM
Remember, the Early Learning Centre Meerkat Pup heads are perfect for 1/35th figures ;D ;D

Rad what do you do with the bodies ???
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Ebay and Frog Hornets.  Only if they're under a certain price.  There's still a few on there but the start price is a tenner and that's above my limit.  Not worth that and neither is the MPM/Special Hobby one either.  I want to get rid of the few I have left.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Meerkats and a couple of dinosaurs.

Meerkat bodies go with all the others under the patio.
The ones with blood go into Mid's crypt.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on December 06, 2011, 05:21:55 AM
Meerkats and a couple of dinosaurs.

Meerkat bodies go with all the others under the patio.
The ones with blood go into Mid's crypt.

You want to put a zip in that patio, make life a lot easier  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on November 28, 2011, 10:47:50 AM
just placed an order at DACO for 3 new decal sheets:

-1/72 DACO Seaking Mk.48
-1/72 DACO Seaking Mk.48 "25 years"
-1/72 DACO Sikorsky S-58/HSS1

arrived today :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

MilitaryAircraft101

Academy MiG-21 and KP MiG-15UTI courtesy of messmeister!  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

Just won on ebay:

Testors 24th metal body kit of the Jaguar XK8 Coupe.  Will sit nicely with the Tamiya Aston Martin DBS.  It comes prepainted, so tht'll have to go. Wine red metallic, I think, or perhaps red?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

From the Samaritans via ebay:

Revell 1/72nd AH-1W Super Cobra. Tentative plan is to give it a four-bladed rotor and an armoured canopy (why don't USMC Cobras have the armoured canopy like the Army ones?)

Revell 1/144th Rafale M. Came with the above for a very reasonable price. Will probably sell it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Daryl J.

Airfix new tool 1/72 Zero as a Christmas gift for my son and another just like it to build together with him.
CyberHobby Meteor III
Airfix Canberras in 1/72 as well for the 4 engine variant.   To be in my office at work.   :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on December 07, 2011, 05:43:37 PM
(why don't USMC Cobras have the armoured canopy like the Army ones?)

Probably because no self-respecting bullet wouldn't DARE go anywhere near a USMC Cobra pilot........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 07, 2011, 03:50:52 PM
Just won on ebay:

Testors 24th metal body kit of the Jaguar XK8 Coupe.  Will sit nicely with the Tamiya Aston Martin DBS.  It comes prepainted, so tht'll have to go. Wine red metallic, I think, or perhaps red?

Isn't it a mandatory requirement that  cars like these have to be British Racing Green?..........but wine red metallic (a nice cabernet or merlot colour)   sounds attractive.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

I've seen the wine red metallic on an Aston Martin DB7 and it looks fab, whilst there's an XK8 on Tyneside in bright red that looks cool too.  However, the DBS is going either white or Vertigo Blue Metallic.

DB9s seem to be either black or BRG, and whilst it's a nice colour, I don't think it really fits with modern cars.  E Types  and MGs, yes.

And WHY didn't I get that Austin Healey in the kitswap at Telford?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Leading Observer

Just acquired the Revell 1/72 Tu-22 Blinder - thats a big old box! Next question - how to do it? RAF? RN? Luftwaffe perhaps?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

thedarkmaster

just got the Tiger Hobbies 1/72 US weapon loading set..........prepainted, very nice for the photos  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Rheged

Quote from: Leading Observer on December 08, 2011, 11:06:12 AM
Just acquired the Revell 1/72 Tu-22 Blinder - thats a big old box! Next question - how to do it? RAF? RN? Luftwaffe perhaps?

It's got to be one of the  RAF/RN  "agressor" joint  training squadron;  the "Boscombe Bandits" 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet