My last one for 2010 finished!

Started by matrixone, December 31, 2010, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Just finished today, my Tamiya Fw 190F-8. These are not very good pictures but the best I could do under todays conditions.

And this pic is to show just how dirty the engine cowling can get on a well used Fw 190!

Matrixone

Gondor

Quote from: matrixone on December 31, 2010, 03:39:16 PM
These are not very good pictures

So you say  :blink: :blink:

As usual they are of a standard that most of us can only hope to achieve  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Taiidantomcat

Brilliant! And radials don't leak, they hemorrhage!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Waidaminit, if it's Tamiya it's 1/48.  :o I really thought I was looking at one of your 1/32 builds again! Amazing craftsmanship! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

matrixone

Thanks guys!

I had a little trouble getting good pics because of the poor lighting conditions at my home this time of year, my house sets in an area that only gets sunlight for a limited amount of time, the rest of the time it is in the shade which is bad for getting good model pics. Also it was freezing cold today which is why I only set up one third of the photobase and just took only a few snaps of the model, maybe next year when its warmer I will get the type of pics I really wanted to take.

Matrixone

NARSES2

They are seriously good. I love that really dirty drop tank  :thumbsup:

The real photo just hi-lites how good your work is  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Put the appropriate border on this one and you will be able to fool people into thinking it is a real colour photo taken in the war.

Would love to see a step by step weathering tutorial by you.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2 and Greg!
I had to put up the picture of the full size 190, otherwise everybody would think I over stated the weathering effects on the model! ;D
BTW, the oil streaks on the drop tank are actually shiny. I coated the oil stains with future to give them a wet look but it does not show very well in my pics.

This model was great weathering practice on my next model which will be ''blue 12'' W.Nr. 500570, that aircraft was heavily stained with dirt and mud when it was flown to Furth Germany to surrender to U.S. forces.

But before I can build anything else I must clean off my work table, it will be a big job because I built five models in a row without cleaning it off....its a huge mess.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

lancer

Without doubt the best I've seen in 2010 Matrix. If I didn't know it was one of your builds I'd have thought it was the real thing. That leaking from the cowling ring is superb. Dirty buggers in real life weren't thet??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thank you lancer!

Yes the German engines were rather messy but thats a good thing because they make it a lot of fun building models of those aircraft, imagine if they were 100% clean running, they would make for bland looking models. ;D

Not sure if this was my best for the past year but it was by far the quickest I have ever finished a model since I was in grade school.

2011 is not off to a very good start, I am building two 1/32 scale Fw 190D-9's and found out I am missing the seat from one of them, its my own fault because I opened up these kits years ago and sprayed all the cockpit parts RLM 66 when I had some extra paint left in the airbrush color cup, I was trying to save both paint and time but thats not how it turned out. Trying to build models on an assembly line is not always the quickest way to finish them. :banghead:

Matrixone

GTX

QuoteYes the German engines were rather messy

Reminds me of a comment I read years ago from one of the German designers (can't remember which), when he saw a captured R2800 and the fact that it was so clean and leak free (when compared to German engines), he knew they didn't have a hope of winning when the enemy could put such 'works of art' in a combat aircraft.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Allan

Hi Matrix

As usual your modelling is wonderful, illustrative , instructional and jaw-droppingly enviable!!!!

I particularly like the deft way you manage to toss off those yellow nose rings and rudders---just magical!!!

with my warmest regards for 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allan in Canberra