Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Right...., I think that`s it? Going through some of these there were some issues like posts/info being deleted and as mentioned in a previous post, members nominating a link with various builds on it so I had to let them go. Also had to use my Photobucket account on some pictures as their was no way of posting pic`s otherwise. Apologies if this offends or upsets anyone, it wasn`t intended to.

The boss is now back at the desk and I need to `behave` and do some work.  :rolleyes: :wacko:

Hope this helped in some way Phil, and apologies if it didn`t....  ;)

Tiger, Tiger!

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Latest Whiffies update.

Have now sorted through the first 11 pages.  Have 2 more to review, hopefully tomorrow night.  Then will know which categories have the required 5+ entries and then I can start putting the polls together.

As you can see, I have taken way too long on this and looks like we won't make the Oscar night date.  Want to have at least a couple weeks for both the nomination and the final voting.  So the big night will probably not be until March sometime but I will keep working on it.

Sorry all.

Also, haven't come up with this years special theme.  Hinds was suggested with lots of entries but they will all also be in the Helicopter category so doesn't really work.  Was thinking flying wings but pretty sure all of them have been done by Russ so that doesn't work.  Czech camo was also suggested but think all of them have been done by just a couple builders (could be wrong).  So, take a gander and see if you can pick up a special theme for this lot.  Otherwise, won't have one this year.
(past ones included Raspberry Ripple and Over/Under)
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

tc2324

First idea that springs to mind for me with this lot is the amount of aircraft in unusual schemes and markings.

Although I sure theres a catagory for that as well??

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Quote from: philp on February 07, 2012, 10:32:38 PM
As you can see, I have taken way too long on this and looks like we won't make the Oscar night date.  Want to have at least a couple weeks for both the nomination and the final voting.  So the big night will probably not be until March sometime but I will keep working on it.

Sorry all.

No problem you put a lot of work into this and it's appreciated  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MilitaryAircraft101

Are we going to do another picture post of us in our best dress? Cheers for the updates Phil, I feel your pain with the sorting.

philp

Not sure about the pictures as that didn't go over so well but I will be looking for guest presenters again.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

MilitaryAircraft101

I could do it if there were some more details. If I'm needed live though I can only do weekends..  ;D ;)

philp

Ok, finally got through the last few pages and tallied up all the categories.  Remember, must be at least 5 nominees to have a viable category.
Here is the breakdown.

Imager - 3 (not qualified - maybe combine with Profiler and rename Artist?)
Profiler - 7
Backstory - 2 (not qualified)
Figure - 4 (not qualified - some may qualify for Sci Fi)
Ship - 5
Auto - 4 (not qualified)
Sci Fi - 13
Diorama - 2 (not qualified)
Kitbash/Conversion - 33
Scratchbuild - 9
Armor - 8
Biplane - 4 (not qualified - can be moved to Prop)
Helicopter - 7
Propeller - 39
Jet - 37
HOG - 6
Camoflage - 16
Alternate Markings - 39

Could combine the not qualified groups together for a Miscellaneous category.  Will have to think this through. What do you guys think?

I am heading for Commiefest in Denver this weekend so will be putting up the polls sometime next week.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies