PSR-1 Prototype

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 01, 2011, 01:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Great job on the avionics bay!

ChernayaAkula

Wow! That's some seriously nice work! :bow:

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 03, 2011, 10:18:04 AM
<...> Testing out the bang-seat from a Revell F-16.  Looks good enough to me. <...>

Check whether the canopy will still fit!  :thumbsup: I once installed a Revell 1/72 Viper seat in a Hasegawa Viper for an in-flight display and couldn't get the canopy down. Luckily, I hadn't glued it in place yet. Had to sand two mm off the bottom of the seat.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

Yep, checked the canopy fit straight away (been burned by that before, too) even though the canopy will be up on this bird (too much work to have a chunk of clear plastic over it!).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Did my best.

Descriptions for the non-modelers who will also see these on Facebook, etc.

Together for the combined effect:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Dear G*d !

When you get the 'Building Munchies' you really get some seriously good work done, Barry. Simply outstanding  :bow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 06, 2011, 12:48:41 AM
Dear G*d !

When you get the 'Building Munchies' you really get some seriously good work done, Barry. Simply outstanding  :bow:

Ian

My thoughts exactly  :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

retro_seventies

YES!  Now we're talking!  Loving every single thing so far - it's going to be a greeblie feast and a wiring smorgasbord!  :wub:
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

lancer

Quote from: retro_seventies on January 06, 2011, 05:52:57 AM
YES!  Now we're talking!  Loving every single thing so far - it's going to be a greeblie feast and a wiring smorgasbord!  :wub:

Where the bloody hell have you been hiding???? Good to see you back mate
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Few more pics of avionics bits in progress.  They don't look like much yet since they're sort of washed-out white but wait 'til they're painted and spewing various wires and stuff...

John Howling Mouse

Testing out how the aft bay's avionics might look.  First without the cockpit, bang-seat or wiring:

Then with the cockpit and seat (wiring still to come, I hope):

James

:o That is some seriously good work. Brilliant.  :thumbsup:

Cliffy B

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 01, 2011, 03:46:05 PM
...my scratchbuilt greeblies will not be able to live up to my drawings below and might end up looking a bit cartoonish but they should add some interest and texture.

"cartoonish" he says....BAH!  Friggin awesome is more like it  :party:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

proditor

Holy mother of God!  :blink:

That is just amazing!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

anthonyp

Dude... detail overload...

I have a bunch of these in 1/72, but you've officially gone detail nuts on this one.  I applaud your insanity   :bow: :bow:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

John Howling Mouse

Scale model wiring madness...I'd forgotten how difficult this was.   :-\  :o  :wacko:  :banghead:  :blink: