You can tell you're getting older when.... (modelling related)

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, January 03, 2011, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Allan on January 05, 2011, 02:10:07 AM
when you have to put your face closer to the carpet to search for small parts that have fallen from your work bench

.....and you STILL can't find the little son of a b***ch!  :banghead:

.....and when a significant number of your Revell kits have 'Monogram' moulded into the inner sides and you can remember building the self-same original Monogram kits!

.....and when your current stock of Swann-Morton No.1 blades, the straight pointy ones, fit that weird shaped piece of brass in your tool box.

.....and when your Airfix DC9 kits have KLM and Iberia decals.

Ah, no, even the modern ones are like that too...... :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jorel62

...and when a good number of kits in your stash have price stickers from stores which have not existed for over a decade...

[/quote]

Two Guys stores in NJ. They had a great toy dept. With an even greater Model section. $5.00 from cutting the grass bought a lot good stuff.

Daryl J.

...when you remember a time past when modeling time included no internet time.     

sandiego89

When you get excited about a find on a dusty shelf or the internet and get all excited about the build on the drive home, only to realize you had two (or more!) of the same in the stash already...

When you deeply regret all those kits that you burned, blew up, or created battle damage on in your pre/teenage years.  My "best" job was the 1/48 Black Widow with numerous "bullet" holes via a magnifying glass...horrid. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Steel Penguin

you give up on 6 and 10mm as you cant see em, 28 and 40mm for me from now on.

you remember when 25mm figs were that and not approching 32mm plus
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

....... when Penguin was not a chocolate biscuit but a Model range.

And no I am not that old.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Fulcrum

...when RPG meant Rocket Propelled Grenade & not Role Playing Game(I might be the only person to not realize it until someone offered to give me some RPG's :wacko:(which are illegal in Canada) only to have some confusion over those acroynms :banghead:)
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

JayBee

So just what is illegal in Canada?
RPG's or RPG's, or the giving of same? :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on January 05, 2011, 01:58:31 PM

I am!  ;D

But I never bought or built one, I can just remember seeing them in the shops for a while.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2011, 02:53:41 AM
Quote from: Gondor on January 05, 2011, 01:58:31 PM

I am!  ;D

But I never bought or built one, I can just remember seeing them in the shops for a while.

Vuagely remember the Penguin kits. I still remember ther Dr Remus nee Airfix kits in the plastic bad with card header/instructions and the little bulb of glue.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Fulcrum

Quote from: JayBee on January 06, 2011, 12:23:18 AM
So just what is illegal in Canada?
RPG's or RPG's, or the giving of same? :wacko:
It is illegal to have, carry, store, aim, load, fire &/or recieve :wacko: Rocket Propelled Grenades in the Dominion of Canada.

Unless those pro-weapon-carrying advocates in our government wins a majority government in the next election & just happens to also legalize personalized anti-tank weapons, it will still be illegal.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on January 06, 2011, 03:44:20 PM
header/instructions and the little bulb of glue.

Those bulbs of glue were lethal. Ever tried to get them out of a 5 year olds nose ?  :banghead: I got a Matchbox Hawk re-pop from Hong Kong a while ago and it had one in the box - glue not 5 year old ! ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 07, 2011, 01:06:42 AM

Those bulbs of glue were lethal. Ever tried to get them out of a 5 year olds nose ?  :banghead: I got a Matchbox Hawk re-pop from Hong Kong a while ago and it had one in the box - glue not 5 year old ! ;D

They will try to smuggle them out any old way.... the five year olds... not the bulbs of glue

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on January 07, 2011, 02:34:48 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 07, 2011, 01:06:42 AM

They will try to smuggle them out any old way.... the five year olds... not the bulbs of glue

Gondor

I know.... weird sense of humour recently but then I have had the flu for the best part of a week now  :banghead: