You can tell you're getting older when.... (modelling related)

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, January 03, 2011, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Another

......When you get excited about starting a kit that still comes with a display stand ! - Love those old Airfix, FROG, Matchbox kits from the 60's & 70's  :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 09, 2011, 12:58:31 AM
Another

......When you get excited about starting a kit that still comes with a display stand ! - Love those old Airfix, FROG, Matchbox kits from the 60's & 70's  :wub:

Ian

Yes but they are making a comeback. Airfix are selling the "dogfight double" versions in black plastic and the old style clear plastic ones separately, and I have an urge to build a model wheels up for the first time in decades  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

I've seen it in print somewhere Ian and the Airfix franchise in our local Dept Store had some in
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I get the Airfix newsletter directly, but I stopped scrolling down once I reached the 1:48 Seafire - Got too excited !!  :rolleyes:

Thanks Jim  :thumbsup:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 03, 2011, 08:08:34 PM
I'm seriously considering switching to light beer while modelling....I can't seem to get anything done with my current brand !

Does that count ?

:drink: :blink:

Its nearer on topic that most of the posts.   LOL
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Looks like I've found my second purchase for 2011 then ! - Maybe at the Bolten show on Sunday....  :blink:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

arkon

when you cant remember which model you were last workin on ( i'm 37 so this one probly has more to do with the amount of beer consumed/and or time since last got to work on one)
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 03, 2011, 08:08:34 PM
I'm seriously considering switching to light beer while modelling....I can't seem to get anything done with my current brand !

Does that count ?

:drink: :blink:

Heathen!  :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr