1 Strange Trip

Started by Eddie M., January 03, 2011, 02:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

It already has the look of a Fairchild or Shorts transport to it.

Maybe a Fairchild/Shorts joint project......? :thumbsup:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Looks like an early sixties tactical transport.... could be an early South American (Brazillian or Argentine) effort. Already liking where this is headed, Eddie  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

Thank y'all for taking an interest in this project. My new Dremel is getting quite a work out...

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

PYF42

Bonjour
Great work  :thumbsup:
Regards
Fred

philp

Hmmm...
Gets me wondering what a 72nd version of the chopper would look like with the wings and tail of a 1/144th C-17, maybe converted to just 2 jet engines.  My Israeli CH-54 took a dive a couple weeks ago and a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby could get me a C-17 fairly cheap.
Hmmm...

By the way Eddie, how about another update?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: philp on January 12, 2011, 08:22:27 AM
Hmmm...
Gets me wondering what a 72nd version of the chopper would look like with the wings and tail of a 1/144th C-17, maybe converted to just 2 jet engines.  My Israeli CH-54 took a dive a couple weeks ago and a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby could get me a C-17 fairly cheap.
Hmmm...

By the way Eddie, how about another update?

Go for it!

Also looking forward to more Eddie!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Sorry for no update, but my daughter brought home a bug named Strep Throat. I've got it now and I feel like Caca. :banghead: I'll get something up soon..... :cheers:
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on January 12, 2011, 03:09:23 PM
Sorry for no update, but my daughter brought home a bug named Strep Throat. I've got it now and I feel like Caca. :banghead: I'll get something up soon..... :cheers:

That's no good.  To bed with you, plenty of rest, fluids and a good aviation book to read.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Still not well, but am pushing forward. Lots of misc. sub assembly work. Also got the wing roots installed and plastered.....

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Well, The Evil Virus form Hell has still got a bit of a hold of me, so work is slow, but I've managed to make a few steps forward. I chopped the CH -53 overhead down to filled the big gap left from when I removed and added pieces from both modeld to make the cockpit. The aft portion of the interior blukhead was made from plasticard and bits from the spares stash.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

Looking good! I really hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

MiB

Mumble mumble....It seems like a good idea: CH-53 whit wings.........and B-26 Marauder with rotor! ;)
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Eddie M.

Thank you for the well wishes Gents. Feeling better and getting more work done. The fuselage is closed up and tonight was the first full scale mock up to see how everything is going to look, minus a few surprises, of course. ;D

I had to straighten the mains to get some ground clearance, Clarence and added a bit to the vertical stab...just because.  :party:

Look behind you!

Ed S

Looks like it could have been a competitor to the C-123 Provider.   Coming along nicely.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.