1 Strange Trip

Started by Eddie M., January 03, 2011, 02:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Going to cause so many double takes.. ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

upnorth

Looks like a C-123 and a Shorts Skyvan had a frisky night together.

Really like the way this one is heading. :thumbsup:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

John Howling Mouse

Wow...I'm envious and already congratulatory all at the same time.  Sure has the perfect "boxy" look of a believeable transport.   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

McColm

Eddie M.

Thank you very much guys!! :mellow:

Alright, here's how the nose radome came to be. It looks funky, but that's what I'm looking for.

It started out as a piece ordinance from a 1/32 aircraft, a F-15 intake cover and a Space Shuttle SRB nozzle. A little cutting here, add some chopped plastic there and you end up with a new nose for this...thing. ;D

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

It suddenly has a very modern, utilitarian look to it with that nose.  It's cool but what is your targetted timeframe?  I'm wondering if the rounded wingtips, tailfin and el's should be squared off now, like a Herc or Greyhound, etc.?

Ah, what do I know.  YFM, right?  It sure looks "flyable" !   :thumbsup:

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 31, 2011, 08:57:14 PM
It suddenly has a very modern, utilitarian look to it with that nose.  It's cool but what is your targetted timeframe?  I'm wondering if the rounded wingtips, tailfin and el's should be squared off now, like a Herc or Greyhound, etc.?

Ah, what do I know.  YFM, right?  It sure looks "flyable" !   :thumbsup:

You are a wise and intelligent man, Johnny Shabazz and a mind reader to boot! ;D I guess it would fit some where in the 60s to 70s, if I had had to pin a date on it.
Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

John Howling Mouse

More pics, please.    :wub:   You'll have to stop shovelling Lone Star State Snow and get back to the bench (says the guy who's looking at having to do about four hours of tractoring tomorrow if he wants to make it to the main road).

MiB

I am not convinced about landing gear. Maybe it would be a better inside the fuselage, like a ATR, rather than out of the engines as the C-119, uh?
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

kitnut617

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 05, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
(says the guy who's looking at having to do about four hours of tractoring tomorrow if he wants to make it to the main road).

Did you get a lot of snow recently Barry ---  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Eddie M.

Quote from: MiB on February 05, 2011, 02:34:44 PM
I am not convinced about landing gear. Maybe it would be a better inside the fuselage, like a ATR, rather than out of the engines as the C-119, uh?

That was one of the main visions for this model I had. The gear like on the B-24 always caught my attention as being very sturdy. ;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 05, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
More pics, please.    :wub:   You'll have to stop shovelling Lone Star State Snow and get back to the bench (says the guy who's looking at having to do about four hours of tractoring tomorrow if he wants to make it to the main road).

I'll be getting back to this one as soon as I make strong headway on my Super Scooter or Skywinder, or whatever I'm going to call it. Should be a couple of days from now...;D
Look behind you!

Skyler

I so have to borrow this idea...it is just too cool too pass up, I hope you don't mind. Any more progress lately?