W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Decals added and more paint fading done by using the airbrush...

Matrixone

PantherG

Nice paintwork.... :thumbsup:
The same kit I have too....only in What if colours of Slovak Air Arm from late stage of WW II...
But....If I look on Your camouflage scheme on upper surfaces...this is unknown for me...
A "standard scheme" looks different.

matrixone

Thanks PantherG!

Yes this is a strange looking camouflage pattern, it is possible this Bf 109G-14 was recycled...often recycled aircraft had a mix of old paint schemes combined with new paint that gave the aircraft a patchwork effect.

One of my what-ifs is getting decals put on right now, I might have pics of that one too very soon.

Matrixone

matrixone

It can't be seen well in these pics but much more work was done with oil paints to add more weathering, the gloss finish of the model has too much glare to see much of what I have done.

And below seen for the first time, is my first new build what-if for this year...

Much more of this model will be seen after the 109 is off the work table.

Matrixone

MilitaryAircraft101

:bow: :bow: Looks great, can't wait to see more of the 262

matrixone

Thanks MilitaryAircraft101!

The Me 262 is being built from the HobbyBoss 1/48 scale kit, so far this one is turning out good. If things go right I might have it done late this week. I am putting in more effort than usual into the weathering on this model. ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

...a few more in-progress pics

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2!

I am putting on the last of the weathering on these models right now...there is some pressure to get these models done very soon, there is supposed to be a break in the weather in the next few days and this might be my only chance to get some fair looking pictures of them. It rains a lot where I live and even when it does not rain its still dark and gloomy which makes it difficult to get outside and get decent pictures.

Matrixone

matrixone

Another oldie from the stash, this time an Otaki Fw 190, this one will not be a usual Fw 190 from me but instead is being finished as an abandoned aircraft that has been sitting out in the elements for a while and will get some extreme weathering. In this first pic you can see the model is built and has some Alclad II sprayed on in areas where some of the bare metal will be seen from the paint flaking off.

Matrixone

Gondor

Great idea which I am sure you will manage to do wonderfully as usual Matrixone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Oh an abandoned aircraft, wonderful vehicle for your talents  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thank you Gondor and NARSES2, this project will be about half model half painting experiment. One thing I will be using on part of his build is airbrushing oil paints...yes oil paints work quite well through an airbrush as long as you mix the paint with the thinner all the way and don't leave any lumps. Oil paints can give you some interesting weathering effects if airbrushed on, the downside is they take much longer to dry than enamel paints.

Matrixone

Old Wombat

... &, therefore, even longer than acrylics! :o

Neat idea, matrix! Waiting to see more! :thumbsup: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Cobra

Looking Great So Far,matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: the 262 & other Models look superb to me! Hope to see more Great Stuff from you :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan