W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Due to extreme weather here my plans to have this model finished have been dashed, I lost power during a sudden freak snow storm and did not get it back for almost a full day, also I had some problems with downed tree braches that needed to be dealt with. Power is back on and so is the the model building.
These two pics will be the final in-progress pics, the canopy frames have just been painted and when they are dry I can attach them to the model.

Yes these pictures are crappy, they were taken outside under shelter during a rain storm so the quality is not the best. ;D

Matrixone

Gondor

Love the weathering that you do Matrixone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks again Gondor,
The weather might be clear this coming Sunday so I should be able to get outside and get some pics of the finished model then.
How did this model turn out? Sadly, only so-so but the real value of this model is the experience gained in doing extreme weathering on an aircraft model. One of my plans for a future project is to build a 1/32 scale Fw 190 and finish it like this current model but have the airframe show a little more damage and also displace the control surfaces slightly for a more candid appearence.

Matrixone

matrixone

A couple of new projects, these two models are from the 1/100 scale double kit from Tamiya...the Me 163 and Me 262.

The box top...

construction begins...

The airframes are now built and the pre-shading begins...
1 base coat of light gray

2 black pre-shading added

3 the RLM 76 white-blue has been added to cover up much of the black pre-shading, yes I know pre-shading is not that realistic but I still perfer using it on my models to prevent the undersurfaces from looking so bland, the uppersurfaces won't get the pre-shading treatment

Matrixone

matrixone

The uppersurface camo colors are now painted on the Me 163 and Me 262...

The thing sticking out of the rear of the Me 163 is a wooden toothpick, this model was so small I needed to come up with a way to hold it during painting.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Such paintmenship on such small things  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cobra

Are You a Master Painter as well as a Master Builder? Great Work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2 and Cobra!

Cobra,
I am not much of a builder but do love to paint models. :wub:

Earlier today I painted on the yellow markings for both models, maybe some new pics will be posted later today.

Matrixone

matrixone

Just one pic of the progress on these models, the yellow markings have been masked and sprayed on the nose of the Me 163 and fuselage band of the Me 262. I have been doing some dry fitting of the Me 262 landing gear and painting the wheels. Both models will get their clear gloss coats put on later in the day to get them ready for the decals.

Matrixone

matrixone

Decals have been added, some decals were from my spares box and modified to fit this scale and a few were from the kits decal sheet.

Matrixone

Gondor

they look stunning Matrixone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks Gondor!

These two models will get their flat clear coat put on later today, it looks like Friday will be the day they are finished but who knows when I will be able to get outside and get pictures of them since it rains so often here. :angry:

My new 1/48 scale what-if continues to be a disaster. :banghead: It has not been a good week of modeling for me.

Matrixone

matrixone

My 1/48 scale what-if model is going so poorly I needed to another new model to keep my sanity so I opened up one of my Academy 1/72 scale Me 163 kits and started in...

This model will be built as a Me 163S, the two seat training version of the Me 163 and will be marked as a what-if.
In this first pic you can see that I have completed most of the cockpit, I hand painted all the larger instrument dials but they can't be seen very easy in my pics, no decals were used on the IP.

Matrixone

matrixone

More work done on the 1/72 scale Komet(s), one is the Academy kit and the other is an 'easy assembly' HobbyBoss kit.

The two pics below show the pre-shading done today, the models still need the coat of RLM 76 white-blue to greatly tone down the pre-shading.
BTW, the pre-shading was done by spraying gloss black in many of the panel lines and surface details followed by spraying some white on the panels themselves, I wanted to have a little more contrast on the pre-shading.

Matrixone

matrixone

I covered up the pre-shading today, after the paint dries a bit more I will start painting the uppersurface colors. ;D

Matrixone