W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

You never saw the night attack version I did...  15 years ago!  Natural metal uppers, black underneath with a mixture of tiger stipes and mottles of RLM 81 on top.

Still got it somewhere in the loft at me Mam's.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

I would like to see that, if you find it, take some pics or take it to a show.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

May take some archaeology to get to it and I've a feeling that the photos are in a similar location.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

matrixone

Thanks guys!

Wooksta,
If you locate the pics of your model I hope you will post them. Fifteen years ago was well before I knew this site even existed...hell, I did not even own a computer back then! :lol:

My thinking with the odd camo scheme on the Me 262 Zerstorer was the Germans needed to use more effort in providing camouflage whilst the aircraft was on the ground and the 'tiger stripe' camo helped to conceal it under camo netting but also provided effective camouflage while it was at high altitude above its intended victims.

Matrixone

matrixone

Another pic of the Dracula figure...as you can see I did some painting on the face.

Later on after the paint is fully dry it will get a coat of Future and then some pin washes with thinned oil paints to bring out a little more detail.

Matrixone

matrixone

More work done on my Dracula figure.

Here you can see I painted the base, the rocks and headstone were painted and weathered with the airbrush first and then I hand painted the grass a very dark green and afterwards drybrushed lighter shades of green.
The tree truck was airbrushed dark brown and then drybrushed in gray tones to bring out the detail.

Here are the cape parts and a bat. The insides of the cape must be painted first before the cape can be assembled on the finished figure...not very easy this. :-\

Matrixone

matrixone

Two more in-progress pics of the Dracula figure, this dude is nearly done! ;D

...and the figure in some mood lighting

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2,

The hardest part of this kit is next, I will assemble the cape on the figure. The assembly itself is simple, its filling and sanding the massive seam line gaps that will be a challange. I might post a pic or two to show what I will be dealing with, its ugly. :banghead:

The good news is a fellow modeler has sent me a free kit, its a 1/72 scale Mercedes Benz WWII Staff car. 'Fliegerhorst Matrixone' will be very busy in the next few weeks...I have the Dracula figure, two Me 262s and a 1/48 scale Me 410 on the bench now and now this staff car. ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

Some new pics...

first the bad...the seam lines on the Dracula kit. Yuck!

Here are the rest of the builds...

I really like the Pro-Modeler Me 410 kit but after doing a lot of dry fitting of the canopy on the fuselage this morning I found some poor fit issues and possible defects on one of the clear parts, this problem will prevent the finished model looking as good as it should. :banghead:

And here is the box top of the little staff car, this kit won't be started until Dracula is off my work bench...I have too many projects going on at one time and its effecting my work speed and reducing quality of my work.

Matrixone

Go4fun

Will you build the Me-410 as one of the later unbuilt Me-410C models with the more powerful engines and four bladed props? That would be interesting.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

matrixone

Go4fun,
Sadly this Me 410B will be real world but I do have others in the stash and will whiff at least one of them.

I have been reading about others building this kit and the problem with the poor fit of the canopy is mentioned a few times so its not just a case of me getting a bogus kit, the canopy is poorly designed. :-\

Matrixone

Go4fun

I hate it when I read bad reviews on parts fit in a kit over and over and then realize the company is doing nothing to fix it. Too bad your building it "...real world..." as the oportunity to 'WhIf' another canopy on it just begs to be done.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

NARSES2

Ooooh that hasegawa staff car brings back memories  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Go4fun,
I have pictures in one of my reference books of a Me 410 that was converted into single seater Zerstorer...I can't help but think of all the rear gunners lives that were lost while trying to fight off P-51s and P-47s while using the silly remote controlled defensive guns on the 410's, at least the single seat Me 410 put only one life at risk while on a mission and it was lighter and faster too.

NARSES2,
Expect to see the staff car in some of my airfield pics later this year. ;)

Matrixone