Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

That squiggle pattern is awesome....!!!!  :bow:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

matrixone

Thanks Army of One!

The sprayed on squiggles will be a nice contrast to the hard edged black undersurfaces, I am in the middle of doing the masking right now to get ready for painting on the black.

Matrixone

matrixone

Its been a little while since I posted any new pictures of these builds, the decals are in the process of being put on.

Matrixone

sturmvogel

"Helos don't fly, they vibrate so hard the ground rejects them." -Tom Clancy

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off

matrixone

Thanks sturmvogel!

Just a few minutes ago the last of the decals were put on these models with most of them being the small stencils for B & V P.194. This was a real hassle because the smaller Revell decals looked like they might not stick all that well to the surface even though the models surface had a very high gloss to it, what I did to counter that problem was use a custom mix of decal setting solution that was made from equal parts of Future and Windex. I liked the results of this experiment as the decals settled down very nicely and in a few places looked very much like they were painted on, I think the reason for this is the Windex softened the Future that was already sprayed on and really gave the decal strong grip and the Future in my custom mix gave a very high gloss making the clear film all but disappear. Its always been easy to get aftermarket decals to have ''that painted on look'' but with the cheap low quality decals included with some kits not so easy.
For a year now I had been using Future straight from the bottle as a decal setting solution but it was too thick and made working with small decals difficult at times. The Future thinned with Windex idea shows great promise but I will have to wait until the flat clear coat is on to know for sure just how well this works. ;)

Matrixone

PACOPEPE

I love all your models.

Now i´m making the Me 262 HG II recce, with a very particular camo -like the real aircraft-, and i think that the (fantastic) camo of your Ar 234 P would be perfect for my model. Congratulations once more; is a real pleasure.  :cheers:

Fran

matrixone

Thanks Fran!
Your Me 262 looks great. :thumbsup:

I did some painting on my group of models, here are the He 162 and B&V as they look right now.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Oh my, the mottling on the 162 is stunning  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thank you NARSES2,
I wanted the mottling to look like it was done in a hurry by the ground crew and tried hard for a 'neatly messy' look to it.
That disruptive camouflage is really effective, while I had the models outside to take the pictures I placed the He 162 against a natural background and from only a few feet away it started to blend in quite nicely. ;D I can only imagine what it would have looked like a couple thousand feet away from an Allied fighter cockpit. :o

Matrixone

matrixone

More painting done...

The aft end of the He 162 engine nacelle has been painted.

The Blohm & Voss P.194 has much of the weathering done on it, I am making this one as an aircraft that was flown from a muddy airstrip on the Eastern front.

These models now have some paint chipping done on them too, more pictures to come. ;)

Matrixone

TallEng

I'm liking the P.194 very much  :thumbsup:
And looking forward to the finished article,
I've always thought that there are 2 or 3 whiffs
Of different configuration to be had from a couple of
Those Revell kits, the trouble is I've not seen one since
I had the thought :banghead:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

matrixone

Thanks Keith,
All three of this current group of models are getting the small bits put on, the goal is have all of them ready for the flat clear coat so I can spray them at one sitting and get that part over with.
The B&V is coming along nicely but the He 162 might just steal the show. ;)

Next project will be a RW build but a very detailed model that might be of interest to some here. :-X

Matrixone

matrixone

More pics of the He 162 and B&V, these models are getting close to being finished. ;)

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

These are the last of the in-progress pictures of this group of models, all three should be done sometime on Friday.

Matrixone