W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: matrixone on March 06, 2014, 03:25:39 PM
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Gondor,
The rocket motor by itself almost looks like a big gun, I think that's what NARSES2 was referring to. ;)

Doh  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I saw the ammunition and brain went into automatic  :banghead: :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 07, 2014, 01:38:12 AM
Quote from: matrixone on March 06, 2014, 03:25:39 PM
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Gondor,
The rocket motor by itself almost looks like a big gun, I think that's what NARSES2 was referring to. ;)

Doh  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I saw the ammunition and brain went into automatic  :banghead: :banghead:

Ooh! I dunno though, it made me think of a Luft '46' A-10.......  :cheers:
Nice painting as ever Matrixone  :thumbsup: looking forward to the finish

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

matrixone

Thanks guys! :smiley:

NARSES2,
No worries, after the ammo was loaded in the model looking at it from above it could easily be mistaken for a modern aircraft gun.

Matrixone

matrixone

Decals are now on the Meng Me 163, most of these markings are from my spares box. Nothing really wrong with the kits decals I just wanted to do a different aircraft and not those from the kits marking choices.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Great paintwork on that 163 ! Wow....looks like the real thing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks guys, I wanted to have this Me 163 done and off my work bench by Friday but that's not going to happen...too many other models on the go and some painting/weathering details on this model are keeping it on my bench for a tad longer.
Some light paint chipping on the fuselage has been done mostly around the cockpit where the pilot would enter and exit the aircraft.

And here are a couple of the 109's after decaling and some work with oil paints.

This is a wartime photograph of ''yellow 18'', compare my model of ''yellow 18'' to this photograph and you can see why I painted the model as crudely as I did.

Below is weathering I did on the yellow ID markings on the K-4, on the full size aircraft these markings were field applied with a thin coat of paint and had started to wear off in places, to replicate this effect on my model I scraped off some of the yellow paint allowing the camouflage paint underneath to show.

Matrixone

Captain Canada

That's awesome ! Again...just like the real thing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thank you Captain Canada,
I wanted to have the Me 163 finished by now but the last few details are taking longer than expected to do, heck I am enjoying the build so why rush it. ;D
Below are a couple pictures of the Me 163 landing skid, take off dolly axles, and wheel hubs. Since these items on a Me 163 were the things closest to the ground they would get scuffed up and/or dirty far more than the airframe would they are getting some extra weathering, they will get a full flat clear coat while the Me 163 airframe will get a semi-gloss finish.

Weathering was done on the Bf 109 drop tanks, mostly adding oil drips and streaks from the engine, almost all Bf 109's and short nose Fw 190's had oil leaks, if they did not they were probably out of oil! ;)
After the drop tanks are mounted on the models and they had been given their flat clear coat I will be using a small paint brush to add some Future to the oil streaks to restore the wet look to the oil.

Matrixone

NARSES2

matrixone

Thanks again NARSES2!

The three 109's are getting very close to being finished, here are two shots of them after more weathering has been done to them...mostly exhaust stains but in the case of the K-4 the rear of the fuselage has been dirtied up a bit.

The Bf 109G-14

The Bf 109K-4

The above models are real world but just a short time ago I have started a new model which will be a proper what-if....more on that at a later time. ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

More in-progress pictures...

The ground crew figures and bomb trolley from the Tamiya Fw 190F-9 kit.

The Fw 190F-9

The old 1/48 scale Revell Bf 109G kit

Bf 109G undersurface

Fw 190F undersurface

Matrixone

NARSES2

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2,
Yet another 109 is on the way...nope, not a real world my next Bf 109 will be a K and will be what-if. ;D I just started cutting plastic today.

Matrixone

Weaver

Your weathering work is awesome.... :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones