W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Cobra on August 05, 2014, 05:56:41 PM
This is Starting to Look Superb :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Another Masterpiece from the Master,Matrixone :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

I ran out of superlatives ages ago  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks very much Gondor!

Decal time for the Me P1106 and Me 109E.

The Huma kit had some dodgy looking decals so I discarded them and used some from my spares box. This did not go as planned as the national markings I used were from a 25 year old Superscale sheet and they were so fragile they broke apart whilst putting them on the model, I did get them to work but I had to work pretty hard at it. :blink:

This old Matchbox Me 109E is being built for somebody else and the owner wanted it built with the pilot figure inside and the wheels in the up position. I was quite concerned about the decals on this vintage kit but they went on perfectly without any drama at all. :wub:

Matrixone

matrixone

The little Huma Me P1106 is finished, proper pictures of it to be posted later.

The Bf 109K-4 has the basic airframe assembled and painted.

The large scale Fw 190D-9 has the wing attached to the fuselage and the seam lines on the wing roots that needed filled were dealt with but after spraying on a thin coat of paint I found some rough spots that needed some spot putty to fill them in.
The wheels are now painted and weathered and ready to be added to the model when the time comes.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2!

There are two twin engine what-ifs that were started recently, they are a blend of late war Luftwaffe and Luft'46...yum! ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

Here is an update on some models that are well underway and a couple that were started the past couple of days.

Bf 109K-4, this model has its decals on now and it will soon start to get some weathering done via oil washes.

Here are a couple 1/48 scale Do 335s that were just started, yes they will be what-if.

This little 1/72 scale Academy Me 109E was also recently started but will be built as a RW and not what-if, what may be of interest to some here is the molded in detail of the exhaust stacks...they are backwards. :blink:

Matrixone

NARSES2

I've got one of those in the stash and I never noticed it before  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Glad I nave not been tempted to buy that kit.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Do335's Matrixone  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

flappydaffy

:drink: :drink: the me-109 concept or had a though night?

the DO-335, are there any pitfalls?

matrixone

Thanks guys!

Flappydaffy,
The Tamiya Do 335 kits are really nice, one thing to watch out for is fitting the wings...there is no dry fitting here because of the type of construction used in this kit the wings are locked onto the fuselage spars. I found this out years ago when I built the Do 335B and had wanted to only dry fit the wings and found out they were locked on and could not be removed, lucky for me there were no problems and I went ahead and glued them on.

I will try to be original with the Do 335's purpose and armament, this type of aircraft has been done in what-if form by many others before. ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

...and even more in-progress pictures.

Here are the Ta 152C and Fw 190D-9 after some pre-shading has been done on them.

First the Fw 190D-9:

And the Ta 152C:

Matrixone

Captain Canada

Beautiful work.....Great job on those cockpits too !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks very much Captain Canada!

The Fw 190D-9 will be RW, however the Ta 152C will be what-if and might have the experten  scratching their heads. ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

The Dornier workshops at Oberphaffenhofen in April 1945?

...no, its just an in-progress picture of my two Do 335s, I wanted to use the model parts to recreate the scene at Oberphaffenhofen after it was captured, all the unfinished Do 335s that were inside the Dornier workshops were dragged outside and later scrapped.
Here are the models as they look now.

Here is the Bf 109K-4 after some work with oil paints to enhance some of the panel lines, also the exhaust stubs have been glued in. Also the little Academy Me 109E has been given its base coat of RLM 65.

Matrixone

matrixone

More in-progress pictures.

Matrixone