W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Some new models in-progress, a 1/32 scale Bf 109G-10 'Erla' from Revell, a 1/72 scale Revell Me 262, and a Hasegawa 1/32 scale Bf 109G-10.

Here is the Revell G-10 cockpit after some painting.

And here is the cockpit parts from the Hasegawa kit.

The little Revell Me 262...

Here are the markings I intend to put on the Me 262, I really like those KG(j)6 tail bands!

Matrixone

matrixone

More work done on the trio of RW Messerschmitts.

The 1/72 scale Revell Me 262 pre-shaded...

...and the same model with the pre-shading properly toned down. On most of my models I prefer the pre-shading effect to be barely seen on finished models. After the rest of the paint and markings are on it the model should look okay and still be visually interesting.

Here the upper surface camo colors have been sprayed on the wings and tail planes, I like to paint the wings and fuselage separately as I have something on the model to hang onto whilst painting so as not to leave fingerprints in wet paint. :banghead:

And here are what the large scale Messerscmitt Bf 109G-10's look like now, since this picture was taken a lot more has been done on them.
This first image shows the gun cowls of the two models (the Revell gun cowl on the left), there is something wrong with the Revell kits placement of the weapons...they are too close together. The Hasegawa kit (even though its older) has the weapons spaced apart correctly.

The version of the Bf 109G-10 I am making with the Hasegawa did not have the external rudder trim tabs so I removed them, in this image the work I did is closest to the camera and a tail from another Hasegawa 109 is behind it to show the difference between the two.

Matrixone

Gondor

Yet again an amazing example of hi quality workmanship and detail on late war German aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I've built that Revell 262 and all I can say is that I bow down to your skill  :bow: I never got comfortable with mine, it just seemed to want to misbehave
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Once you've sorted out the sit, it's not that bad.  It's a nice kit but the quality of the mouldings let it down - I rarely got one without one wheel or the engine fronts having sink holes and the quality of the canopy was bad.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

matrixone

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree 100% with Wooksta, the canopy on my Revell 262 kit was complete crap. The rear of the canopy framework was so light it was invisible and the bottom of the canopy where it was to touch the fuselage was so thin it crumbled when trying to even it up. :banghead: I used thin beads of Elmers wood glue to fill in the gaps from the canopy to the fuselage...not perfect but it will have to do.
One of the wing halves was warped but was easy to mend while one of the engine intakes had a sink hole in the center of it.
Of course I am not happy with the defects but for what little this kit cost me ($5) I am not going to complain too much about it and think its good value for the money.

The Revell 1/32 scale Bf 109G-10'Erla' is a nice modern kit but there are so many goofs in it I am shocked Revell of Germany made this kit with all the mistakes, after all that country made many thousands of the full size machines and you would think they would be able to get it right. :unsure:

Matrixone

matrixone

The rest of the camouflage colors have been sprayed on the Me 262...in the background you can see the artwork of the aircraft I am modeling.

The demarcation line of the upper and lower surface colors on the fuselage has been changed since these pictures were taken, I raised them up a little higher to better match the photograph and artwork I have of this aircraft.

Matrixone

Cobra

This is Starting to look like another Masterpiece from the Master :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep up the Superb work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

matrixone

Thanks for looking in Dan!

I just need to paint the wheel wells 'metall' and the tip of the fuselage white and then I can spray on a coat of Future for the gloss coat.

Matrixone

Captain Canada

Nice work, as always ! Love the way that 262 is looking.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Modelling_Mushi

How's the 262 coming along Matrixone? Also keen to see how the G-10s are going.

Thanks
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

matrixone

Thanks Captain Canada and Modelling_Mushi!

The Me 262 is finished, in a day or two I will post some pictures of it.

Here is an update on the Revell Bf 109G-10'Erla'
The airframe is assembled and painted, the JG 301 RVD band has been masked and sprayed on.

After the paint was fully dry the model was given a coat of Future and then its decals were put on.

And to keep things interesting I also started a Pro-Modeler Bf 110G-4, here is the cockpit just before assembly.

Matrixone

Gondor

Interesting stuff as usual Matrixone

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

matrixone

Gondor

Quote from: matrixone on July 17, 2015, 10:22:38 AM
Thanks Gondor! ;D

Matrixone

Your welcome. I do admit though that I have reduced my comments on your work as I frequently run out of superlatives

Gondor