W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Funny you guys are preferring enamels... Do you use any acrylic paints at all? :unsure:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

matrixone

Nope, never used acrylics except for experiments. Many use them and like them but I prefer good old fashioned enamels.

Matrixone

matrixone

Picture time!

A new kit I just started is this old Arii 1/72 scale Dinah trainer, this one will be a what-if and will be finished as an aircraft that was turned over to the Kamikaze...it will be finished in a badly paint faded and paint chipped condition.

Another kit just started is the 1/48 scale Tamiya Dinah III, this one will be real world. Check out the interior detail included in this kit, I don't see many kits this nice O.O.B.

Revell Ho 229 now has its basic camouflage scheme painted. Also the metal heat panels had weathering done on them in the form of paint being scorched off of them from the engine exhausts.

The Bf 110 had the pre-shading toned down by its final coat of RLM 76.

The Me P.1101 also had its RLM 76 coat of paint sprayed on and was later sprayed with a gloss coat to prepare the surface for decals. The last of the camouflage colors will be sprayed on after all the markings are on it.
When the nightfighter version of the Me P.1101 was produced all the aircraft were painted in a single coat of RLM 76, it was the responsibility of the unit commanders to apply any additional camouflage paint if needed, this was done at unit level by the aircraft painter. ;)

Matrixone

NARSES2

I've got that Ari kit, it will be interesting to see your version.

I intend, when I get around to it, to make it into an interceptor. The second cockpit will be the position for the gunner who operates the upwards firing 30/40mm cannon. Maybe even a 57mm ? The Japanese installed some fairly heavy calibre weaponry in their aircraft
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

NARSES2,
I want to do mine as an aircraft given to the Kamikaze, this way I can go hog wild on the wear and tear on the exterior finish without the model looking too fake. Japanese aircraft that were used by the Kamikaze were often quite worn looking which should make for an interesting looking model. ;)

Matrixone

NARSES2

Quote from: matrixone on November 04, 2015, 04:51:26 PM
Japanese aircraft that were used by the Kamikaze were often quite worn looking which should make for an interesting looking model. ;)

Matrixone

Very much so, looking forward to it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

[/quote]

Very much so, looking forward to it
[/quote]

You ain't the only one.........

Love the Jets M......great finish on them as usual.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

matrixone

Thanks again NARSES2 and Army of One!

My modeling time today was mostly spent on working with oil paint to apply pin washes on two of the models of Japanese aircraft on my bench.

The old Tamiya Ki-84...

...and here is the recent Tamiya Ki-46 Dinah III, since the interior is so nice I spent a little more time than usual with detail painting.

Matrixone

matrixone

More pictures...no Luftwaffe this time, all Japanese. :o

Tamiya Ki-46 interior has had the last of the detail painting done to it, time to get the fuselage halves glued together.

Here the cockpit is during a dry fit just before gluing it into place. Also the wheels for the Ki-84 are seen in this shot, they are all painted and weathered and ready for installation on the model.

The Ki-84 has had the last of its oil paint pin washes done and a little more paint chipping was added.

And the Arii 1/48 scale Ki-61 after the fuselage halves were glued together.

Matrixone

matrixone

In-progress pictures of some true what-ifs.

The RW Japanese planes have been set aside for a short time so I could at least get the decals on these models...

Me P.1101

Ho 229

Junkers Ju EF 128

Matrixone

NARSES2

matrixone

Thank you NARSES2.

After the decals on the Me P.1101 dried I finished painting the camo which was a rough field applied version of 'scribble' that was used on many nightfighters in 1945 and 46. ;)

Matrixone

Allan

My dear Matrixone,
I'd quail at the thought of spray painting one of my planes after the decals have gone on, think that most of us hamfisted amateurs knocking about on this site would think the same and bow down in honor to a modeller who accepts that sort of challenge...Matrixone, I've said this before, but if you were making models back in Salem, Massachusetts in the 1600s you'd quick smart find yourself tied to a stake at high noon in the local market place with flames licking your boots facing the punishment of producing something that only God can do and that is produce perfection!!!
I really must buy you lunch one day!
Allan in Canberra, your most oleaginous disciple

zenrat

I had to goggle it.   :rolleyes:

oleaginous.  adjective.  rich in, covered with, or producing oil; oily.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 26, 2015, 01:07:13 AM
I had to goggle it.   :rolleyes:

oleaginous.  adjective.  rich in, covered with, or producing oil; oily.

Specs or a website ?  :rolleyes:

More lovely work Matrixone