W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

Hey! This cockpit is great and the antenna too. Cool scheme and great work. I am going to follow this plane.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: :bow:

frank2056

The panel shading looks realistically subdued. Great work as always!

Quote from: Gondor on June 19, 2011, 02:11:12 PM
Another method would have been to use superglue and baking soda on the end of the propeller blade then grow to the desired length by adding more glue and powder before sanding to shape.

Use gypsum based talc instead of baking soda. The baking soda and superglue causes a chemical reaction, the talc doesn't. The result is also more plastic-like and less brittle/grainy.

matrixone

Gondor,

I considered using the super glue method you described but rejected it because once the super glue is fully dry its very difficult to carve/sand to shape...there is only a limited time to work with it before its solid as a rock. :o

Thanks frank2056,

I will keep that in mind about the gypsom talc.

Thanks once again Pablo1965,

I had no idea the Bf 110 had part of the antenna made out of wood until I started work on this model, after looking at a great many photographs of Bf 110s I did find a good clear close up of the antenna on one of them and the wood grain can clearly be seen.

Today the decals are being put on, so far so good. The Eduard decals are easy to work with and its nice to see the model get some identity.

Matrixone

matrixone

Decals are now on and after they are 100% dry I will lightly spray some paint over them to tone them down and help blend them with the painted surface of the model.

In this pic you can see the ''Dackel'' emblem on the nose and also the repaired propeller blade circled in red.

And below is the first in-progress pic of my next Luftwaffe twin...

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

Excellent and precise work as always  ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Tuck

ooooh!  My favorite!  The Panzerknacker!

Which version 129 ya gona do?  75 mm?  Mk 101?  Desert?  Eastern front?  Love it! :wub:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

matrixone

Thanks very much Taiidantomcat and Tuck!

Tuck,
My Hs 129 will be built as the MK 103 30mm armed ''red F''. This model will get plenty of Eastern front weathering.

Matrixone

matrixone

Here is an in-progress pic of my Hs 129, the airframe is built and was given a quick spray of paint on the seam lines to make sure they ready for the the first coats of paint, they look good so painting will begin in a day or two.

This is the first pic I have posted since my old computer quite working, I have struggled getting used to the new computer and it has eroded my desire to get back to working on the models, the above pic shows work done up until my old computer died, no work has been done since that time. :-\
I had a hell of a time figuring out how to upload pics from my camera to the new computer. :banghead:
The old computer was so much easier and faster.

Matrixone

Pablo1965

It is a nice plane, Inmaculately mounted, do you know the Argus powered version?  :cheers: :thumbsup: :bow:

matrixone

Thanks Pablo1965,
Yes I have been reading about the Hs 129 since I decided to start this model and know about the version of the Hs 129A with the Argus engines, yikes, what an underpowered death trap that was! :o

Matrixone

GTX

Quote from: matrixone on July 04, 2011, 10:12:03 PM
yikes, what an underpowered death trap that was! :o

Well, that's one way to describe it...um...arr..actually that's probably the only way to describe it.

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

matrixone

More work done on my A-10 Thunderboldt...oops I mean my Hs 129B-2. :rolleyes:

The model has all the camo paint on it now, the next thing to be painted on it will be the yellow tactical markings.

Below is the finished propellers and wheels, the spinner spirals were hand painted and much of the weathering done on the wheels was done with the airbrush.

Matrixone

Eddie M.

Poetry in motion. It's always a pleasure to see you produce such life into your work.  :cheers:
Look behind you!

matrixone

Thank you Eddie,
My plans are to finish the Me 262, Bf 110, and Hs 129 within a week of each other and after that I will be doing a non-aircraft what-if. ;)

Matrixone

dumaniac