W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Thanks dumaniac!

I just finished airbrushing on the yellow tactical markings and added a little more weathering to the undersurfaces, I might have more pics to post later today.
After the paint is dry I will spray on a coat of Future to get ready for putting the decals on.

Matrixone

matrixone

And even more in-progress pics of the Hs 129B-2, in these pics you can see the yellow tactical markings have all been painted on as well as the decals have been added today.
I used EagleCals Hs 129 sheet and they look much better than the kits stickers even though I had some problems getting the EagleCals to stick like they should. This is the first time I used EagleCals and had any problems with them, part of the problem might be their age since they were printed in 1999.

On to the pics...

Next up for this model is starting the weathering process and I will attempt to make it look like an aircraft that served on the Eastern front.

Matrixone

Gondor

Looking very good as always Matrixone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thank you Gondor.

The problem with the decals have been dealt with and I am now in the process of adding some weathering to the Hs 129 and Bf 110 with oil paints, I am starting with the undersurfaces first and then work my way to the uppersurfaces. The Hs 129 looks good so far, the Bf 110E not so good. I should have new pics in a couple days.

Matrixone

matrixone

After a slight delay from some computer problems I have some new in-progress pics to show.

All these pics show some weathering done with oil paints on the Hs 129 and Bf 110E, on the 110 its not all that easy to see but its there...I want to keep it subtle.

Matrixone

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: GTX on July 23, 2011, 01:14:36 PM
As good as ever! :thumbsup:

Yup, consistent little so and so isn't he ?  ;D :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks GTX and NARSES2!

Today the models will get some weathering using the airbrush, the Hs 129 will get the uppersurfaces faded and dusty looking, I think the undersurfaces are dirty enough and will leave them as they are.

After the Bf 110E, Hs 129B-2, and Me 262 are finished I will build a wheeled what-if for a change of pace.

Matrixone

matrixone

More weathering done on the Hs 129, I added the dust and dirt to the uppersurfaces. Also I started painting the exhaust stains on the Bf 110E, there will be more added after the exhaust pipes are glued on the model.

Next up for the Hs 129 is adding the landing gear and then later on some light paint chipping before the flat clear coat.

Matrixone

matrixone

The last of the in-progress pics of the Eduard Bf 110E kit, this model will be finished this week.

Matrixone

matrixone

More in-progress pics of whats on my workbench...
This Tamiya 262 is close to being finished and this will be the final in-progress pic of it

And something new on the bench(but really is old!), the 1962 Monogram Zero! ;D

Matrixone

Pablo1965

Quote from: matrixone on August 14, 2011, 10:09:25 AM
More in-progress pics of whats on my workbench...
This Tamiya 262 is close to being finished and this will be the final in-progress pic of it

And something new on the bench(but really is old!), the 1962 Monogram Zero! ;D

Matrixone

Well it seems pretty good for years to have the kit, I wil follow closely his construction. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

matrixone

Pablo1965,
This old kit of the Zero should go together quickly but this one has a lot of flash on the parts to clean off first.

My new computer had a major problem and had to be taken to get serviced and I lost a lot of time the past 24 hours so no new pics right now. The only good news about all this stuff with the computer is I already have it back and it did not cost too much for the repair.

Matrixone

Pablo1965

Quote from: matrixone on August 15, 2011, 04:47:27 PM
Pablo1965,
This old kit of the Zero should go together quickly but this one has a lot of flash on the parts to clean off first.

My new computer had a major problem and had to be taken to get serviced and I lost a lot of time the past 24 hours so no new pics right now. The only good news about all this stuff with the computer is I already have it back and it did not cost too much for the repair.

Matrixone

I just also to recover my notebook of the fearsome virus "system repair", and was a miracle save all my photos. Make copy, I donĀ“t want missing the A6m developement.

dumaniac

Love what you have done with the undersides of the 110 and 129

and now - heart be still - a 262

really nice going on this collection