W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hello Les
Not made any comments on your stuff for a while, but I have been watching. As ever the quality of work and workmanship is outstanding.

All the best, friend.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Ian,
Thanks for looking in on whats on my bench right now. These two models are starting to get on my nerves, don't know why either. Maybe its because they are not the speed builds like I planned on, nothing really wrong with either kit, its just seems like I am stuck in slow motion right now.
Decals are being put on right now and am about half way through them.

Matrixone

matrixone

All markings are on the models now, I like the looks of D-9, for a Luftwaffe machine its rather colorful. ;)

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Just HOW did you paint that white spiral on the spinner of the D-9? It looks magnificent.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks Kit.
The spinner was first painted flat white and then I cut really thin strips of Tamiya tape to mask off the spiral shape and afterwards airbrushed gloss black on. Were it not for Tamiya tape I could not paint these spinner spirals! :o

Matrixone

matrixone

More new in-progress pics, here you can see the wheels have been weathered and the uppersurfaces of the D-9 and K-4 have had their paint jobs lightly sunfaded and weathered with oil paints.

Matrixone

Cobra

Looking Good,Matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

matrixone

Thanks for the comments Dan!

I am sick of these models and very much want to get them finished and out of my way...the bad thing about using oil paints for weathering is they dry slower, not a good thing when you are in a rush.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Something I have to FORCE myself to be.... Patient.... I'm rubbish at it, but since we moved down here to NZ I've found (somehow) that it's coming easier and my models are getting better.... Look at this Sabre:

It's a real world build so you'll never see it here again, but I'm so bl**dy happy with the Alclad finish, because I've been very patient with it. Now back to your projects, Les... I think you've got that tired sun-faded/bleached camo just perfect, heightens the contrast between the green and the grey. Really like it, looks perfect to me.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Ian,
The Sabre looks fantastic with the panels in different shades of Alclad, its hard to beat Alclad for a realistic looking BMF models.
I hope you consider posting the finished Sabre here even if its real world, I am as guilty as anyone here for posting some RW stuff and hope it has not angered anybody. Besides if you don't post your finished Sabre here I will never see it, I stay away from that other site I warned you about and have not posted over there since the site owner let a couple trolls run all the decent people off, not sure if you noticed that place is almost a ghost town anymore, were it not for the two trolls and the mods posting it would be dead. :lol:

BTW, thanks for the feedback on the weathering.

Matrixone

matrixone

Some new in-progress pics...here you can see a lot of the weathering has been done.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Very nice splashed mud effects over the fuselage... very clever  :thumbsup:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on October 24, 2012, 05:32:13 PM
Very nice splashed mud effects over the fuselage... very clever  :thumbsup:

Ian

It is, isn't it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks again Ian and NARSES2!

Matrixone

matrixone

I think I am turning Japanese oh no I really think so... :-X

Two 1/72 scale Japanese models started both in 1/72 scale...the good first which is the neat little Tamiya Nanzan trainer, the bad is the very old MPM Reppu limited run kit.

There not much to say about the Tamiya kit but the MPM kit is another story, these limited run kits always require a little more work than usual which is what I expected but my kit must have been produced near the end of the lifetime of the molds because there was some large blobs of plastic that needed to be carved off before I could do the usual dry fitting of the major parts. The propeller was nearly destroyed just trying to cut it off the thick sprue...one of the propeller blades was lost during this process and eaten by the carpet monster so I was forced to use a propeller blade from an old model and carve it to the shape of the other prop blades and glue it on.

Both of these models will be what-ifs but just barely. ;) The Japanese aircraft experten will not be happy with my efforts but thats too bad.

Here is the lone in-progress pic so far...

The Nanzan has some extra dark detailing on the sides of the cockpit and looks terrible but after the fuselage was put together it looks just right and has given correct looking depth to the detail.

These models are much further along in their construction than what you see in the above pic, the MPM kit has taken most of the time to build up but the hard work is paying off and its looking better than I expected it to.

Matrixone