W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Thanks guys,
Weathering real world models is easy, all you have to do is look at photographs and copy what you see...how simple is that? :o

Why the mania for over-weathered models exists is modelers trying to copy the latest neato fad they see on someone's model and they try and 'improve' upon it and end up over-weathering their own model.
Looking at photographs of how machines actually weather instead of looking at other models could stop the practice of grossly over-weathered aircraft models.

The weathering of what-ifs is quite a challenge because there are often no photographs of similar machines to offer guidance...to me this is where what-ifs become artwork instead of just a model. ;)

Matrixone

darthspud

matrixone ,
What colours would you suggest for a Luftwaffe day fighter scheme please?
I'm trying 2 seat Eurofighter for my alt history builds, and the single seater is BoB RAF
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

matrixone

darthspud,
Either mid war Luftwaffe 74/75/76 grays or the late war 81/82/pale light green(sometimes called RLM84) should work well on your model.

Check out my recent Me609 build to get an idea of the gray 74/75/76 scheme.

HTH

Matrixone

darthspud

many thanks, will go for 74/75/76 as it's BoB era, jst so they 'match'

Right , now to find somewhere in somerset that still sells paints.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

matrixone

Slight change of plans...before I spray on the thin coat of RLM 76 to tone down the white highlights I decided upon spraying on some black in a few areas on the B & V P.194 and He 162 mostly around the engine exhausts on the B & V P.194 and control surface gaps and gun ports on both models.

Below is a close-up of the He 162 wheels, the weathering on them is done and they are ready to be installed on the model.

Matrixone

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks Captain Canada,
The wheels look worse than they do in real life but should be okay once on the model, compared to most other WWII aircraft the He 162's were not that well made so the less than perfect finishing on the wheels will look right at home on this model. ;)

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thank you NARSES2,

Here are some pictures that show these models after the highlights and pre-shading have been covered up.

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Impressive!  :thumbsup:

Which version of the Ar234 is that Matrixone, I've not seen one with that radar-like nose before?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks Kit,
This is the Arado Ar234P-1 and was supposed to use the newer dish style of radar. No Arado Ar234P-1's were completed before the German collapse.

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Thanks so much, you learn something new every day.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Steel Penguin

:unsure:
a10 front, Phantom body, a10 horizontal stabs,  don't recognise the wings.
but looks good  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

sturmvogel

"Helos don't fly, they vibrate so hard the ground rejects them." -Tom Clancy

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off