W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Okay my droogs...here is the next project on my work table, this is the start of a 1/32 scale Meng Me 163.

This kit was kindly sent as a gift from another modeler and I started on it shortly after it arrived, the Me 163 was not a very big aircraft but that did not stop Meng from putting a large number of parts in this kit.
The HWK 109-509A rocket motor has incredible detail with a number of the small pipes molded in plastic which were very delicate and tricky to work with while assembling the motor...a pain to build but the end result was worth the trouble. ;D Meng provides some stands for the purpose of displaying the rocket motor and the instructions would have you paint them a brown wood color but I went one step further and painted the stands with a varnished wood grain effect.

The cockpit for the Me 163 is really well done and has plenty of detail, the downside is the decals for the instruments have white faces with dark numbers/letters and this should be the reverse.

The dark leather headrest was given special treatment...I used a custom mixed color and painted the headrest with a thick coat of paint and before the paint was fully dry I pressed some clean sandpaper against it to give it some texture. After the paint dried I got a convincing looking leather headrest in 1/32 scale.

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

When I first saw that rocket motor I thought this was a steampunk project!
This one will be on my watch list.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2014, 06:05:36 PM
GASP!  :o

Exactly. Stupendous work :bow:

Good to see a 1/32 set of cricket equipment being marketed by Meng as well, obviously haven't seen a real set though  :rolleyes: One for the resin boys ? ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 15, 2014, 07:03:37 AM
Good to see a 1/32 set of cricket equipment being marketed by Meng as well, obviously haven't seen a real set though  :rolleyes: One for the resin boys ? ;D

Not sure those wickets conform to MCC rules though, do they?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Another in-progress picture...here some detail painting of the HWK 109-509A has taken place. The motor looks like it is complete but there are actually a couple more bits to be added. :o

Matrixone

Old Wombat

Quote from: matrixone on January 14, 2014, 04:40:21 PM
Okay my droogs...

I see someone has been reading his Heinlein!

Nice modelling happening here, matrix, &, as usual, the painting is outstanding!

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I really hope you don't have the odd drop of C-Stoff and T-Stoff hanging around. That engine looks SO realistic you might be tempted to try and run the thing!  :o

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 15, 2014, 08:29:32 PM
Okay my droogs...

Surely it's from Anthony Burgess' "A Clockwork Orange"?  I have the film on doovde, yet still haven't seen it despite having it for the best part of ten years.  I should really get the book but was so disappointed by the same author's "1985" and irritated by his criticism of George Orwell (one of my heroes) I probably won't bother.  Even though it'll sit nicely in my collection of dystopian fiction.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

'Droog' is deffo Clockwork Orange.  The band 'Moloko' get their name from the same source (it means 'milk').

Great book, BTW, never seen the film.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 16, 2014, 10:04:42 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on January 15, 2014, 08:29:32 PM
Okay my droogs...

Surely it's from Anthony Burgess' "A Clockwork Orange"?  I have the film on doovde, yet still haven't seen it despite having it for the best part of ten years.  I should really get the book but was so disappointed by the same author's "1985" and irritated by his criticism of George Orwell (one of my heroes) I probably won't bother.  Even though it'll sit nicely in my collection of dystopian fiction.

Quote from: kitbasher on January 16, 2014, 10:13:08 AM
'Droog' is deffo Clockwork Orange.  The band 'Moloko' get their name from the same source (it means 'milk').

Great book, BTW, never seen the film.

My error! :banghead:

Too many snippets of trivia & a mildly scrambled (since my TIA in 2001) retrieval system in the noggin. :blink:

The Heinlein word is, of course, "grok", from "Stranger in a Strange Land". :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

I have hardly any Russian, but one of the VERY few words  I think that I do know is the slang for "mate" (close drinking buddy); "droog" is that word............Must ask my little sister, she speaks Russian!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

matrixone

A couple weeks ago ''A Clockwork Orange'' was on one of the movie channels and I watched it...for some reason the term 'droogs' got a chuckle from me and I have not forgotten it. ;D That was quite a movie and must have been shocking to those seeing it when it was first released.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Quote from: matrixone on January 17, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
That was quite a movie and must have been shocking to those seeing it when it was first released.

Matrixone

Interesting thought, I was 19 when it came out and to be honest most lads of my generation and class thought it was entertaining and if I'm honest we all looked up to the McDowell character. The film was set in or around South London and I'm a south London lad. Latter on I read the book and understood far better what the film was about. When I last saw the film I think I finally understood it.

Kubrick withdrew the film from the UK market because of what he saw as a deliberate misunderstanding of the film on the part of the popular press and the fact that they were blaming so called copy cat crimes on the film.

Wonderfull work on that engine
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

NARSES2,

Not sure if you have ever seen the Sprint television adverts with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell but they are funny, seeing Malcolm McDowell doing these is an amazing contrast to his Clockwork Orange character Alex. Toates Magoat! ;D
If you have not seen the Sprint adverts they are easy to see on Youtube.

Matrixone