W.I.P. pics of new projects....

Started by matrixone, January 05, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

A little more work done on the Me 163, one last look before the cockpit is closed up.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Than you NARSES2,

A couple more in-progress pics of the Me 163, here the cockpit has been glued together. In this shot you can see some of the 'guts' of the rocket motor.

The last bits of the rocket motor have been added and the cockpit tub has been glued to the bulkhead, it won't be too much longer before I can glue the fuselage halves together. :smiley:

Matrixone

Captain Canada

You've been doing some really nice work since I last checked in....great job on the oil stains !

And I was just wondering today about the fuel tank on a -163....and now I know !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 14, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
You've been doing some really nice work since I last checked in....great job on the oil stains !

And I was just wondering today about the fuel tank on a -163....and now I know !

:cheers:

Just beautiful. Same, always wondered about that tank....when it states in one book about a pilot being dissolved in his cockpit after a hard landing, now I can see why :blink:.

kerick

Your painting skills are impressive. What's your secret?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

matrixone

Thanks guys!

kerick,
No secret about painting, the one thing I do that most others don't is using the airbrush for painting almost everything including the really tiny bits. Brush strokes on small parts look very unsightly I do what I can to avoid them.

The ammo has been loaded. ;)

Matrixone

matrixone

Moving on with some other Messerschmitts...

All three of these 109's are in 1/48 scale, the G-6 and K-4 are from the Hobbycraft kits while the G-14 is from the excellent Hasegawa kit.
Here the pre-shading has been done

...and here they are after the pre-shading has been toned down.

Below you can see the wavy leading edge camo pattern has been airbrushed on. I usually paint the camo on my models in stages starting with the wings and tail planes. The fuselages have been masked off to give me something to hold onto whilst I am painting so as not to leave fingerprints in the finish but otherwise the camouflage patterns are done free handed.

And below is another model that I have started, its the Tamiya 1/48 scale Fw 190F-9.

Matrixone

NARSES2

matrixone

The Me 163 has been assembled and some pre-shading added.

...and here the pre-shading has been toned down to a more realistic looking level.

Matrixone

matrixone

The rest of the camouflage has been sprayed on the Me 163, the nose was then masked off and yellow was airbrushed on followed by hand brushing the black border.

The small stencil decals have been added to the undersurfaces and after they were dry some highly thinned RLM 76 was airbrushed over them to tone them down slightly and give them more of a painted on look.

Matrixone

McColm

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Gondor,
The rocket motor by itself almost looks like a big gun, I think that's what NARSES2 was referring to. ;)

A bunch of painting was done on three of the 109's underway.

Bf109G-6

Bf109G-14

Bf109K-4

Matrixone