Done! Done at last!

Started by Alvis 3.14159, January 06, 2011, 05:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Wow...is that ever neat ! Great idea, and very well done.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Whoa! That is gorgeous!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Inspired use of the T-33 front end for the nacelle.... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 09, 2011, 01:48:50 PM
:bow: Soooooo beautiful! :wub:

But you know you just have to build a second one. As a high-speed photo recon aircraft.  :party:

True, but everyone would assume it's a Hughes XF-12. Or was it the XF-11? Whichever...

Alvis Pi

John Howling Mouse

Wow, Alvis.  Breathtaking.  And more than a little scary.  Especially from the business end.  You are a very talented modeler in every respect.   :bow:

But I'm not used to seeing models from you which have no plastic fruit or novelties involved!    :lol:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

philp

The P-38 is one of my all time favorite planes and you have taken it to a new level.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Scooterman

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Stargazer

Quote from: Mossie on January 10, 2011, 04:49:57 AM
It's quite a beast! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I've praised you on the "other" topic, but allow me to do it here as well...  :thumbsup:

This is one of the most FREAKIN' AWESOME models I've ever seen on this forum!!!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Tuck

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Taiidantomcat

:o Alvis, you are such a bad@ss  :thumbsup:

Edit: I just read how you did it... And its even more incredible  :thumbsup: If you need an apprentice I would be willing to move to Canada  ;D Its warm there right?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

kitbasher

Don't wish to be a JMN, but where's the pylon for the kitchen sink??
;)
Only joking, very mean looking and very well done.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: kitbasher on January 10, 2011, 08:53:43 AM
;)
;D ;D

It's carried internally. Ha!
Actually, I've seen pictures of a Skyraider carrying a bathroom fixture.

Alvis Pi

GTX

That would be this one:

See full story including more photos and even videos here.

You can actually get a kit of it - see here

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitbasher

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on January 10, 2011, 08:59:25 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on January 10, 2011, 08:53:43 AM
;)
;D ;D

It's carried internally. Ha!
Actually, I've seen pictures of a Skyraider carrying a bathroom fixture.

Alvis Pi

You're far too clever for me sir!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter