Done! Done at last!

Started by Alvis 3.14159, January 06, 2011, 05:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Yo

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on January 09, 2011, 03:04:43 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 09, 2011, 01:48:50 PM
:bow: Soooooo beautiful! :wub:

But you know you just have to build a second one. As a high-speed photo recon aircraft.  :party:

True, but everyone would assume it's a Hughes XF-12. Or was it the XF-11? Whichever...

Alvis Pi

It was the XF-11. The XF-12 would have been the Republic Rainbow, a four-engined aircraft not easily confused
with its twin-boomed competitor. But thats of no moment. Its a beautiful conversion, and I'm glad I got to see it.

The Rat

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on January 09, 2011, 12:38:34 PMYou really don't want to be on the receiving end of this, do you?

Alvis Pi

I would almost consider it an honour!  :bow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sideshowbob9

Ian the Kiwi Herder

How the h*ll did I miss this.....  :rolleyes: - well I've seen it now, and let's see if I think of some appropriate words.... No, no I can't. I'll settle for bl**dy fantastic  :thumbsup: - that will have to do !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Green Dragon

Truly awesome Alvis!  :bow: Been looking at T-33's & P-38's on ebay since seeing this on ARC. Love it to bits! :wub: :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Alvis 3.14159

One thing to watch out for is if you use the T-33 nose, the landing gear bay is too short to accomodate a P-38 length strut*. This only occurred to me long after the plane was painted and I was dry fitting the gear. I *could* have ignored it, or explained it away with pneumatically expanding struts, but in the end, I cut a perfectly well painted model to add a dorr to the nose end of the bay. Dumb dumb dumb, and luckily, I didn't destroy anything in the process. This is actually not an uncommon situation for me, where something crops up I hadn't anticipated, and is one reason I don't do "In-Progress" pics. I hate to be reminded of my errors. :)

Alvis Pi

* A P-38 length strut is required to give the props clearance, something a T-33 never has to worry aboot!