That's a good deal for you guys !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Coutesy of The Big Gimper on BTS:

Welsh Models' long-awaited 1/72nd BAe-146 is due for release next week. The first one will be a series 200 in Pacific Southwest Airlines colours. The kit sounds very impressive, with a vac-form fuselage and over 40 resin parts including a detailed cockpit, main undercarriage bay and the option to have the rear airbrakes open or closed.

Images from Welsh Models web page: http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/BAE146.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Well, they just published the price of the 146, and it's £121.00.  :blink:

So that's the end of that as far as I'm concerned...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on May 27, 2016, 01:17:29 PM
Well, they just published the price of the 146, and it's £121.00.  :blink:

So that's the end of that as far as I'm concerned...

Should be placed under "They want what for it?" category.  And I, sadly, I second that feeling.  3 or four would have been really nice in the stash
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

I get that tooling/manufacture costs aren't cheap for the large resin parts (wings, engine pods etc.), but ouch. :-\

PR19_Kit

Densil Wade's operation is very much a one man band, but I can't help thinking that the reason his prices are always so high is that he doesn't sell enough of the kits to make enough profit to employ someone else, and thus be able to bring the price down and sell more. (I know what I'm thinking anyway...........  ;D)

It's a plastic chicken and egg situation.

But they are very good kits nonetheless.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Don't run away with the idea that I'm saying it's not worth the money in terms of the amount of effort that's gone into it versus the amount of sales he's likely to get. I'm sure he's earned it. It's just that buying kits with three-figure price tags is off my list of possibilities for the forseeable future, so it's frustrating personally.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Does seem a tad pricey, but to some extent depends on how much is vacform and how much is resin ? If the wings are solid resin then I understand it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

I've a few 1/72 Welsh Models kits in the stash, 737's and the like. They are vac fuselage with all the rest as resin and white metal detail bits like u/c, cockpit seats etc. Clear vac windshield too. Densil doesn't do the casting though, he out-sources all that, at least that was what he told me when I was asking if I can buy certain bits from one of his kits. He said he won't break up a kit but he would sell say ""all"' the white metal parts, or ""all"' the resin or ""all"" the vac. The reason was he doesn't want a pile of kits which have bits and pieces missing which he couldn't sell.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Wonder what it would cost for a 146 without the decal sheet?

- Indiana Jones

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 28, 2016, 11:24:02 AM
Ask him Harold

Thought about it, but it's not fair to show interest that will never convert into a sale. If it was half price without the decal sheet, I still couldn't buy one.

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

You guys get all the breaks ! Love the 146. I saw one at the CNE airshow all those years back and couldn`t believe how quiet she was. I really should get on finishing my three or four half builts.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Welsh Models have launched an all-resin 1/144th scale BAe ATP. it's £50 and comes with either United Express or Manx Airlines markings:

http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/SL593.html
http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/SL592.html
Info courtesy of HobbyZero on Twitter(X): https://x.com/HobbyZERO1/status/1710278032991146230?s=20

- Indiana Jones