Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

Dizzyfugu

That's cute - even though I am personally not a fan of this kind of airbrush cammo. But the overall look & feel is great, very good idea!

Spitfire alex

Flappydaffy is it possible for an overshot of the builds you've got on the go ! They're all so good :bow:

flappydaffy

Quote from: Spitfire alex on November 05, 2012, 02:30:09 PM
Flappydaffy is it possible for an overshot of the builds you've got on the go ! They're all so good :bow:

here you are sir, a picture of the most advanced half of the builds I've got going  :banghead: the rest hasn't seen as much glue as these ones :banghead: :banghead:
most of the planes on this picture will be whifs, only 2 will not be  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and now let's play a little game, the first one to name all the models on the table gets to pick the plane that will benefit from a week of my time ^^

good luck all
cheers
julian

Caveman

one of them is just a nose and the lower half of a fuselage!!! :)
secretprojects forum migrant

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Caveman on November 08, 2012, 09:49:52 AM

That one's a MiG-23!  :thumbsup:

Okay, I'll give it a try (left to right, top to bottom):
Gloster Meteor, Vickers Valiant, Folland Gnat, MiG 1.44, F-5 Tiger, Mi-2 Hoplite, Grumman E-2 Hawkeye, Shenyang FT-6, Focke Achgelis Drache, G.222/C-27 Spartan (Tophe will love that you're doing it as a glider), Dassault Rafale (the spine and CFTs are a stroke of genius - Israeli?), F-22 Raptor, Arado Ar 231, Dassault Rafale, TA-4 Skyhawk, F-15 Eagle, MiG-23 Flogger, P-47 Thunderbolt
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

flappydaffy

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 08, 2012, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: Caveman on November 08, 2012, 09:49:52 AM

That one's a MiG-23!  :thumbsup:

Okay, I'll give it a try (left to right, top to bottom):
Gloster Meteor, Vickers Valiant, Folland Gnat, MiG 1.44, F-5 Tiger, Mi-2 Hoplite, Grumman E-2 Hawkeye, Shenyang FT-6, Focke Achgelis Drache, G.222/C-27 Spartan (Tophe will love that you're doing it as a glider), Dassault Rafale (the spine and CFTs are a stroke of genius - Israeli?), F-22 Raptor, Arado Ar 231, Dassault Rafale, TA-4 Skyhawk, F-15 Eagle, MiG-23 Flogger, P-47 Thunderbolt

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: we are not worthy master  :blink: especially regarding the AR-231  :cheers:

a few complementary informations:
the C-27 will have engines, just haven't finished sanding the gap between the wings and the fuselage, so I'll attach them later.
rafale + CFT and spine will be algerian, and the other rafale is a two seat naval version.

ok mister, you won, what airplane shall benefit from a week's attention?

ChernayaAkula

:party: The Arado was the toughest one, but the strange kink in the wing gave it away.  :thumbsup: The glider Spartan was a joke, just forgot the " ;) ".

I think the MiG-23 could use some attention.  :wub: Really, though, anything you'll turn your attention to will yield a spectacular model!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

flappydaffy

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 08, 2012, 09:08:01 PM
:party: The Arado was the toughest one, but the strange kink in the wing gave it away.  :thumbsup: The glider Spartan was a joke, just forgot the " ;) ".

I think the MiG-23 could use some attention.  :wub: Really, though, anything you'll turn your attention to will yield a spectacular model!  :bow:

ok mig will get extra attention, just waiting for aires wheel bays ;) trumpeter are just not messy enough ^^ way too few wires  ;D ;D

in the meantime, the other mig has progressed ^^ I just test sprayed the camo on a mini rafale who flew through my table this afternoon ^^ Me ike, me gone do in big scale!

Go4fun

"Just which planet are you from again"?

FAR148

A little late to the game but absolutely amazing work!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

I can appreciate the insanity of Brown 13 but Blue 10 looks incredible!

Steven L  :wub:

McColm

Brilliant, now I what it should look like when it's finished.

flappydaffy

Hi all,

Happy new year :) May 2013 grant you lots of nice models ;)

In the meantime I'm continuing my mig, and of course I started a bunch of new projects  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'll never finish my models :s I could use your advice regarding the camo I want to put on the new splendid Encore Models UH-34, please leave your opinion in the poll :)

and here are some picture of the progress on the Mig

And keep on modeling :)

cheers
Julian

FAR148

Your UH-34..... :-\  But your MiG is so Incredibly Wonderful  :bow:

bearmatt

Well, the year starts very promising!!!  :thumbsup:
Very nice, esp the Mig 1.44
Keep on modeling Julian!

Cheers

bearmatt
The carpet monster took it!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: FAR148 on January 13, 2013, 07:22:12 PM
Your UH-34..... :-\  But your MiG is so Incredibly Wonderful  :bow:

Haha, for me, it's just the other way around. While the UH-34s colors look bright and garish, it will surely look great in a jungle setting, and with some weathering and dulling I see something really good coming along!