Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

FAR148

Truly fearless, supremely patient and visually striking! It's such a joy to see something done so well and looks so right.

Awesome, just Awesome!
Steven L   :bow:

flappydaffy

Hey hey,

I'm back  :blink: :blink: not that I stopped modeling, only I got really really really (you get where I'm going with this right...) slow!!! New job, new hours (in the evening) and a new home needing a lot of work reduced my modeling time even more. Somehow, I got around to spray a little paint on 2 birds.

first, my mig-19 or FT-6 (future US Navy Agressor) (Trumpeter 1/48)

second, Devastator floatplane (future Turkisch Air force) (Great wall hobby 1/48, strongly recommended!!!)

Finally, these a the 2 last birds I will present to you in this form. i intend to document future builds better to be able to make step by step presentations of their construction. If i were you, I'dd keep my eyes open for an incoming yf-23 in scale 1/48, hint hint  ;) ;)

Talk to you soon

cheers!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Couple of beauties right there ! Love the paint work....great job !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

flappydaffy

Hey hey

Here is the start of the month report regarding the pile of models that are currently built at the Flappydaffy Whifyard.

First, my YAK 3 (Eduard 1/48) that is in painting mode, scheme has been chosen, green camo over a Sail and metal frame. (Second picture)

My YF-23 who is assembled, but due to a difference in thickness of the wing and the fuselage a lot of putty still has to be sanded (boring TV shows, where are you??!!)

A RAH-66 Comanche, for the Canadians that is also in paint mode (smart move was to paint the white last  :banghead: :banghead: :bang head:)

I also started (no, 45 models started is not enough!!  :drink: :drink:) at my local hobby store to demonstrates various products and initiate people to airbrush painting. A nice little Piper Cub in 1/35 scale (Bronco). All interior is OOB except for the floor that has been replace by a wooden piece (easier to cut than for me to learn how to paint realistic wood effects). Nerve testing part of the build are the seat belts, only the buckles are provide, the fabric has to be cut from tape en inserted (4h for 6 straps...) but the result is good  :cheers:

And finally the Devastator, panels have been washed and decals placed, matt varnish is also done and of course then it happened, I notice finger marks + super glue vapors in the canopy  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :bang head:

so the Devastator is now a convertible. canopy will come back once the flaps are in place. And afterwards the last bits will be glued (probe and antenna). And this will be my X-mas miracle as it will be the first kit finished this year  :party: :party:

That's all folks!!!

C ya next time ;)

FAR148

Your Devastator is absolutely gorgeous!!!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Man! I can't wait to see this one finished!

Very Cool!
Steven L  :wub:

Captain Canada

Your painting is immaculate ! Adds so much realism to the project....great stuff.

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

comrade harps

I do like your sense of colour and pattern.  :wub:  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

NARSES2

DogfighterZen

Everytime i take a look at this thread, i'm amazed...   Very good work, indeed!
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Just noticed the Commanche....now that's going to be pretty awesome !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 27, 2014, 11:50:42 AM
Just noticed the Commanche....now that's going to be pretty awesome !

I second that, captain! And the yf-23... That's one of my favourites :wub: