Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

flappydaffy

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 27, 2014, 04:05:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on October 27, 2014, 11:50:42 AM
Just noticed the Commanche....now that's going to be pretty awesome !

:cheers:

I second that, captain! And the yf-23... That's one of my favourites :wub:

Glad you like it :) I'm currently pondering (Are you pondering what I am pondering Pinky?) if I shouldn't modify it slightly (form not color), i'll keep you posted.

For the rest I have like no time at all for modeling but I got around to give a start of paint on my Piper Cub. Not entirely convinced but not unhappy either. I'll see how this works out.

Later all ;)

Captain Canada

Maybe not convinced, but it sure looks a good start ~

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

Somewhere in Afrika.... (PS: I know it's Spelled Africa for us Yanks and you Tommies, and Canucks, but I like the German version better :P )
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

flappydaffy

Quote from: nighthunter on October 28, 2014, 10:05:05 PM
Somewhere in Afrika.... (PS: I know it's Spelled Africa for us Yanks and you Tommies, and Canucks, but I like the German version better :P )

Get out of my head!!!  ;) ;)

Of course, since my stash of models is through the roof and my concentration is deeply impressed by that soooooooo

I started a couple of new builds  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :drink: :drink:

let's start with a kit bashing, I had a grumman skyrocket, well known for its uhm... unconventional look  ;D ;D and I'm kinda into floatplanes right now so I started digging in the pile of discarded models at the local hobby club and tadaaaa an old and badly built Kingfisher later, we have a GRumman WaterRocket ;)

check back with me within 6 months for the next stage of the build (I also got realistic  ;) )

I'm also building a companion for the Devastator, a Wildcatfish for the Finish war of continuation (floatplane + Fjords). The interior received some Eduard photo etch, just needs some paint now.

If Hobbyboss is listening, I would like an explanation for the engine. I have to pieces, both with a sunk alignment structure and I wonder how this would help the fit. Turns out it doesn't...

And now that this has been said, time for the big news...

Drum roll please!!

I finished a kit this year!!!! It's an early Saturnalian miracle!!! First kit for November first, about time ;)

And that is it for today

C ya later dudes!

kerick

Was the Devastator ever really on floats or was this a whiff in a box?
Great work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on November 02, 2014, 09:00:59 PM

One (I think) aircraft built as a trial

Superb build  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

flappydaffy

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 03, 2014, 07:03:25 AM
Quote from: kerick on November 02, 2014, 09:00:59 PM

One (I think) aircraft built as a trial

Superb build  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Indeed, concept developed for the Dutch, but they got invaded before they could be delivered. plane was used by the navy to get torpedoes. Legend has it that this test plane dropped more torpedoes then the operational squads ;)

flappydaffy

Quote from: Flyer on November 03, 2014, 03:02:27 AM
Turkish Devastator looks brilliant :thumbsup:

I have a 1/48 short nosed Skyrocket kit that I'm not sure what to do with, I have it simply because I love the look of it. Must admit it looks real good on floats...

Took me about 6 months to get an idea for mine, the look is really not easy to whiff ;) Still have no idea of how to paint it though...

FAR148

Captain Canada

Wow. I didn't think that Devastator could get any better but it did ! Looks too good to be a model....that real. Needs a dio or some beaching gear tho, to really set it off.

The work on the next two looks good as well. Love the idea of the WaterRocket. That thing is going to be a natural. Something about a pudgy, powerful twin-engine bird with a centreline float. Awesome idea.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

That Devastator...  :wub: Normally i don't like the look of float planes but that is simply candy to my eyes!
And what a great build!  :bow:

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 08, 2014, 08:10:48 AMLooks too good to be a model....that real. Needs a dio or some beaching gear tho, to really set it off.

I totally agree with Captain's suggestion, i think that it would really do it justice.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

flappydaffy

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 10, 2014, 11:53:47 AM
That Devastator...  :wub: Normally i don't like the look of float planes but that is simply candy to my eyes!
And what a great build!  :bow:

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 08, 2014, 08:10:48 AMLooks too good to be a model....that real. Needs a dio or some beaching gear tho, to really set it off.

I totally agree with Captain's suggestion, i think that it would really do it justice.

hey guys,

I do agree but umm... I'm really not that good with dios :s :s
well see about this once i get a chance to practice :)

not much progress on the wildcatfish or the waterrocket (almost none in fact ;) ) but some major progress on the piper. Camo is done, even if some points need to be perfected but no changes in design to be expected.

hope you like it :)

till later