Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

kitbasher

The Devastator is fantastic - for the canopy framing alone!  :thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Gorgeous. Looking so good ! Nice selection of wheels in behind the pics as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

Thanx all, now it's just a matter of selecting a nationality ;) ;)

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 15, 2014, 09:02:49 AM
Gorgeous. Looking so good ! Nice selection of wheels in behind the pics as well !

Should be, this is a build I do at my local hobby store. Sadly, not my own collection :(

flappydaffy

Hi all,

No progress on the Piper this time but some progress on the Wildcatfish  :drink:

First the engine... probably the worst fitting thing I ever assembled, no alignment stuff whatsoever and not enough space between the cylinder crowns and the other parts so they would glue correctly... Definitely not recommended!

Secondly the interior... way more fun to paint an tho assemble :) :) color photo etch for the instruments and the seat belts.

and finally on his floats just for fun. Lots of sanding - puttying on the fuselage left before that can happen.

I really like the looks on this one  :ph34r: :ph34r:

till later all

cheers!

FAR148

That's the wickest paint scheme ever put on a Piper!  :bow:  :wub:

Nice Cat on floats! Can wait to see what your going to come up with for her.

Happy Modeling,
Steven L  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Hey, lots of people float just for fun ! lol. Great work, especially on the interior. Very crisp and clean in the paint details. Excellent work !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

I also like the cat!  :thumbsup:
One could say: "Dude, you make them floaters look good!" ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Just noticed the part about not being your own collection....too bad ! lol

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

Hey all,

Progress on the catfish but no pictures (putty and sanding of the wing root was a pain but it's over now  :tank:)

For the rest, some progress on the Cub, rocket launchers are done and some nationality markings have been tried out. As far as i'm concerned, I give a small edge for the myanmar markings.

Myanmar (Birma)

Lesotho

Cambodia

Comoros

finally, some work on the float rocket. Some internal detailing (courtesy of evergreen and eduard), heightening of the float mats and punch and die buttons for the instrument panel.

That's all for now folks,

more to come, but with a complete rebuild of our home i have little time to spend on plastic, remain patient please ;)

till later all

julian

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

flappydaffy

Quote from: Flyer on April 14, 2015, 07:53:28 AM
Which one is Myanmar? I like the look of the one with moon and stars against the camo.

Myanmar are the triangles ;)

Captain Canada

Too close to call on the markings, so builders choice ! The details are really coming along nicely. Going to be lovely !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

Hey guys,

no progress at all on the floating builds or the piper but I have an excuse  :drink: Over the last couple of month I've been very busy with rendering our new home livable (painting, lighting, carpeting etc).

anyhow, the workshop hasn't been moved yet, to much to finish before this can happen, but it was time to glue some plastic. To get my mojo back, I went with a simple kit duo from Meng. The temp workshop is installed and is ready to accommodate this huge kit  :thumbsup:

First, some detailing (based on the extensive documentation available) of the cockpit.

some work left on the second one, some leftover photoetch is from a sh-60b instrument panel

first one will be on cart, second one in flight. Metalic parts are already painted, booster rockets need some burnt metal parts.

Next, end of the detailing and painting of the cockpits

Later all

keep you posted