Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

Old Wombat

As one not much into French aircraft, I find myself oddly drawn to the Rafael......................... :blink:

............................ Curse you, flappydaffy :banghead:!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ChernayaAkula

They're all so very beautiful! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

So, while you have the camera out, snap some pics of that Typhoon as well, please!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

flappydaffy

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 12, 2011, 08:19:11 PM
As one not much into French aircraft, I find myself oddly drawn to the Rafael......................... :blink:

............................ Curse you, flappydaffy :banghead:!

I should work for Revell as a salesmen it seems ^^ and don't worry, i'm working on a j-10, maybye you'll find yourself drawn to China instead of FRance in a few weeks ^^

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 12, 2011, 09:40:56 PM
They're all so very beautiful! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

So, while you have the camera out, snap some pics of that Typhoon as well, please!  :thumbsup:

Here you go sir ^^ Revell Kit + 2 GBU from academy's bombcat, 1/48 ^^ enjoy, i'll try and dig up picks from my other whifs. just a word about the camo. I got inspired after seing Spain used an old Navy Agressor f-18 and decided the Navy had tested the eurofigther in a near future. It got repainted and then sent back to spain, where it remained unchanged ^^

Quote from: FAR148 on January 12, 2011, 06:42:08 PM

Dude! Thanks for posting the pics!  :wub:
Brotherhood of the Rafale, I like the sound of that!  
Here's a little something I found for the Brotherhood... :o
http://dmold.ucoz.com/Rafale_page.jpg

Steven L :wacko:

i've heard about that too, i should get one to see about the quality, but they are quiet hard to obtain in europe :( and not yet available on US websites :( we'll have to be patient

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

FAR148

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 13, 2011, 03:40:35 AM
Alternatively we could simply put FOD guards on them !
Ian

Right click, save as..

No need to scale, just print full size and glue to some sytrene. Then cut and sand to shape. Here's reference pics.(ingore the A,B,C,E aarows)

Steven L  :cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

flappydaffy

hi guys,

i'm back after moving, studying a lot and taking some vacation ^^ this is the good news, the bad news is that I can't seem to finish any kit these days. I'm really good at starting them, so i thought I posted some picks of where I stand, and hopefully this will give me the courage I need to finish one one of these days ^^

enjoy dudes, I promise I will keep you posted on my builds, as soon as they evolve :)

a couple of f-32 for the NSAWC

an upcoming rafale D

a yak-38 for somewhere in africa, weapons are done

a c-27 for turkmenistan

a j-10 for Zaire

and a f-15 for South Rhodesia

that's it for now, i'm hoping to finish one soon :) and don't worry, there are a lot more where those came from, but not yet cleared to get their picture taken :D

C U guys later :)
julian

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

sequoiaranger

Where did you get the airbrush that you can program to spray on a "digital camo" pattern like that??  ;D

HOW THE 'ELL DID YOU DO THAT??? I scanned the pattern and found ONE that repeated (circled). So did you do all those by individual stencil, by hand, or decal??? Either way, what a triumph of paintwork!!

Fabulous!! :thumbsup:

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

flappydaffy

Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 24, 2011, 08:45:57 AM
Where did you get the airbrush that you can program to spray on a "digital camo" pattern like that??  ;D

that's easy, i'm BATMAN !!! Wayne enterprises manufactured that for me ^^

Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 24, 2011, 08:45:57 AM
HOW THE 'ELL DID YOU DO THAT??? I scanned the pattern and found ONE that repeated (circled). So did you do all those by individual stencil, by hand, or decal??? Either way, what a triumph of paintwork!!

Fabulous!! :thumbsup:

ton answer your question, the entire pattern is repeating itself (more or less) and this was done with paint and a lot of tape ^^

the technique I used is quitte simple but very very very time consuming, it took me 3 weeks to get the airplane ready for the spraying. I just searched the internet for a digital pattern, found one that repeated itself so I could collate them to obtain a bigger pattern, the I printed it on some sticker paper, put some masking tape on my cutting mat, took my best knife, and a few headaches later, voila !

I'm using the same technique on my f-32 and their's still is one shade of brawn comming, i'll post picture on the how to later :) just in case my explanation wasn't clear ^^

c ya
julian

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

:wub: I am in complete awe  :o  :o

Brilliant Ideas, wonderfully painted  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: flappydaffy on October 24, 2011, 09:13:19 AM
<...>

<...>

This would also look great as a camo scheme on its own.
Cheers,
Moritz