Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

Paulie

Quote from: flappydaffy on December 07, 2011, 04:01:34 PM

to Paulie: digital camoflage ain't that hard, you just need to be patient ;) and use the right dilution for the airbush  ;) If you ever feel like trying it, feel free to contact me  :thumbsup:

you got me interested in digi pattern back in my thread :) your work is simply... stunning...
i want to try something like that... patience? D´oh but i´ll manage :D Everything looks relatively easy, but im using brush, still saving for airbrush set :P

do yout think i can do it with brush?
Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

flappydaffy

you can try with a brush, but if your cutting is not perfect, paint could get under the tape in the corners, even using an airbrush a got some spills :(

Paulie

Quote from: flappydaffy on January 05, 2012, 11:31:45 AM
you can try with a brush, but if your cutting is not perfect, paint could get under the tape in the corners, even using an airbrush a got some spills :(

thats right... i have quite a problem with the "leakage"... i dont know, as i said, im afraid... thats why i prefer simpler patterns till i get airbrush.... :/
Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

NARSES2

When I mask up I use "Klear" varnish to seal the edges of the tape. It's still not perfect and you sometimes have to use 2000 grit sandpaper to remove some ridges but it gives me a nice clean demarcation.

Not sure you could use the technique on modern digi cam though  :blink: :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

flappydaffy

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 06, 2012, 08:02:47 AM
When I mask up I use "Klear" varnish to seal the edges of the tape. It's still not perfect and you sometimes have to use 2000 grit sandpaper to remove some ridges but it gives me a nice clean demarcation.

Not sure you could use the technique on modern digi cam though  :blink: :blink:

I don't see why not... it woudl just kill one's patience a little more  ;D ;D ;D

flappydaffy

hey guys,

as last year i'm studying for the moment, and like alwaysmy brain is looking for ways to avoid having to do so ^^ and this is how I realised some of my works never made it onto this forum. So here they are, on of this year, the Me-109, an older one (md-500) and my first whif (Merlin)

First a riddle: what would a me-109 look like if the pilot had a violent hick-up?

no clue? look down here ^^

Second, the md-500 built during last year's january exams

and last, my first whif ever (2007), I really didn't like the overall green camo ^^

and let's not forget the brothers in arms that have fallen due to improper handling. RIP Seahawk, may you become an inspiration for my fellow whiffers  ;)

that's all folks,

c ya later with an Antonov An-12 from Swaziland
cheers and happy new year

julian

PR19_Kit

That '109 is a HOOT!  :thumbsup:

It's also extremely well 'built' (even if you only got half way.....  ;D) and an amazing idea. There've been a couple of models on the UK show circuit in the past year looked a bit like that, but nowhere near as effective. Nice one.  :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Well, no worries about filling seams !

It reminds me of the "Inception" movie where mechanicals deconstruct and the rash of automakers commercials doing the exact same thing, if you can animate it- someone will want to see it.

Also reminds me of that old aero engineer's adage that an aircraft is nothing but a collection of many varied parts all flying in a very close formation.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

Quote from: RussC on January 06, 2012, 11:37:42 PM
Also reminds me of that old aero engineer's adage that an aircraft is nothing but a collection of many varied parts all flying in a very close formation.

That especially applies to a Shackleton....most of the parts being rivets!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bearmatt

Very nice work you've done. And the idea with the Me-109 is great.
My favourite tho is the J-10.

:bow: :thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

NARSES2

All terrific but that Seahawk is just fantastic  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

Tophe

Quote from: Hobbes on January 07, 2012, 12:18:49 PM
Love the 'exploded view' 109.
I agree :thumbsup: :bow: (a new step further in what-if spirit, congratulations!)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sequoiaranger

It would be HILARIOUS if you had one of those old sets of instructions that actually had an exploded drawing, and mounted it along with the model, therefore "proving" you were "following the instructions"!!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Hobbes