Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

saintkatanalegacy

I shall patiently wait for the whole 5th gen family.

Perhaps include the Rafale in the list :lol:
Ivylicious!™

flappydaffy

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on May 08, 2012, 06:06:45 AM
I shall patiently wait for the whole 5th gen family.

Perhaps include the Rafale in the list :lol:

well eh... rafale is 4th gen ^^ and I build my rafales in 1/48 and my fifth gen in 1/72 ^^

my fifth gen is missing some f-35B but I can't find decent kits at student friendly prices  :banghead:

craigdwpa

do you use after mark HUD's or scratch build   :unsure:
Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!

saintkatanalegacy

Quote from: flappydaffy on May 08, 2012, 07:50:24 AM

well eh... rafale is 4th gen ^^ and I build my rafales in 1/48 and my fifth gen in 1/72 ^^

my fifth gen is missing some f-35B but I can't find decent kits at student friendly prices  :banghead:
the manufacturers claim it's 5th gen ;)  :lol:
Ivylicious!™

flappydaffy

Quote from: craigdwpa on May 09, 2012, 06:32:17 AM
do you use after mark HUD's or scratch build   :unsure:

Most of the time I use the one from the box or the one I find in the aftermarket etch I use. For what plane is the question intended?? :)

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on May 09, 2012, 08:11:57 AM
Quote from: flappydaffy on May 08, 2012, 07:50:24 AM

the manufacturers claim it's 5th gen ;)  :lol:

seems legit, as they consider the F-22 and f-35 to be 6th gen ^^

craigdwpa

Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Excellent work. Looks like it was designed to wear those 'Flanker' blues.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

saintkatanalegacy

So... any clues on the paint scheme of Pak-Fa? I wonder how you'll capture the beautiful sleek likes :)
Ivylicious!™

flappydaffy

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on May 10, 2012, 06:18:00 AM
So... any clues on the paint scheme of Pak-Fa? I wonder how you'll capture the beautiful sleek likes :)

actually yes, he will be in new libyan marking (i'm having a hard time getting my hands on the new roundel at a reasonable price) and in libyan mirage f-1 colors, but i'm not quite decided on the camo pattern :)

flappydaffy

here we are, number 3 and 4 for 2012 are done  :tank: :tank: :tank: and the next ones are already on route ^^

I must say, the F-32 were intended as a fun and distracting build, and had also to be a flash build... Do I need to say that these objectives weren't met?? The build started in april... 2011, so there goes the flash build. Distracting?? I chose à pixel camo, really not so distracting as it requires a lot of concentration (that is probably my fault  :banghead: :bang head:) Fun?? I had to cut open the blue one to get a piece back that came loose, I had to repaint the blue entirely as the first camo was a mess, and finally I lost parts of the wheel wells... Needless to say I was happy to finish those builds as they were only one accident away from meeting my old friend Mister Hammer  ;D ;D ;D

Afther reviewing the game tape lets move on to the final result. Group pictures with the F-23 and j-20 are missing as the j-20 is on display at my local modelshop. Lets start with Blue 10

Quite a mouth on that fellow

and the same can be found on brown 13

Why did I wanted to complicate my life to this point???

oh right, because it looks good  :drink: :drink:

and family some sibling photos

Pixel is wrap around, bleu isn't so only one got a fake cockpit painted ^^

and that's it for now  :drink: :drink: I'm thinking of attacking a rafale next to relax as they practically build themselves.
C your later dudes, hope you like them

Julian

TsrJoe

waw both are stunning models, very cool schemes indeed  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:bow: cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

This is one of those extremely F R U S T R A T I N G  threads... I'm still months away from getting anywhere near my modelling desk, and FlappyDaffy posts these inspirational builds, and that's really what they are... inspirational and so well executed.

Just hope I can channel this frustration into at least one build as good as these sometime this year !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Old Wombat

For a plane that I think is... well... frankly... ugly, you, Mr Flappydaffy, have created 2 beautiful versions - especially Brown 13, that scheme is brilliant!

:bow: :thumbsup: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Sentinel Chicken