Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

Mossie

I agree with Dizzy.  I've seen some quite garish greens used for jungle based helicopters.  I can think of a Dominican UH-1 that used a really bright lime green that contrasted with a black-green, also some Soviet schemes use bright greens.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 14, 2013, 06:38:39 AMWhile the UH-34s colors look bright and garish, it will surely look great in a jungle setting...
All the contrasting areas might make it very good for making the helicopterness of the shape disappear at low altitudes, and on the ground.

loupgarou

Wow! Helicopterness!  :bow:
I must try to use the word to dazzle girls!  :thumbsup:
And I agree with Dizzyfugu et al. The MiG is beautiful too, but his camo gives me after-dinner headaches. :drink:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

perttime

Quote from: loupgarou on January 14, 2013, 12:09:46 PM
Wow! Helicopterness!  :bow:
I must try to use the word to dazzle girls!  :thumbsup:
I'm not quite sure they'll be impressed  :mellow:

But... to rephrase an instructor during my military service: "Don't make it look like a truck wrapped in camo nets. Make it look like it isn't a truck."

Captain Canada

I like the camo, but it would definately have to be a jungle type scenerio.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

By the time you gloss coat it for decals then flat coat it will subdue the colors. Press on!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Mossie on January 14, 2013, 07:11:14 AM
I've seen some quite garish greens used for jungle based helicopters.  I can think of a Dominican UH-1 that used a really bright lime green that contrasted with a black-green, also some Soviet schemes use bright greens.

Yup. Just take a look at the Marines' UH-1 in Vietnam - some had a special jungle cammo with patches in various colors. Not as bright as the UH-34 here, but the mix of grey, sand, red brown and light and dark greens looked pretty weird... Curious to see the results!

flappydaffy

Ok guys, camo adopted on the Uh-34 as I intended to send him to south america  ;)

and here is the mig 1.44, first finished model of 2013. A quick recap: Zvezda Kit, Neomega Cockpit, Aires nozzels, Albatros decals, Gunze Revell and Lifecolor paints, and last but not least Alclad varnish. And now some pictures.

I don't know about you, but I prefer those old (and short lived) ukraine roundels.

And now family pictures of the entire projects, inclusive the finished and the future ones ^^

And that is it for this first kit of 2013, and see you not too soon (I know myself and how hard it is for me to stay focussed) for the next kit ^^
cheers
Julian

FAR148

:bow: :bow: WOW!!!  :bow: :bow:

I love that camo job!!!

Amazing work and thanks for the inspiration!

Steven L  :wub:

pyro-manic

Quote from: flappydaffy on January 18, 2013, 11:09:28 AM
I don't know about you, but I prefer those old (and short lived) ukraine roundels.

Never seen them before! They are nice, certainly unique. Are they a low-vis version? By which I mean, was there a version with brighter colours, because that'd be even better!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

flappydaffy

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 18, 2013, 01:05:01 PM
Quote from: flappydaffy on January 18, 2013, 11:09:28 AM

Never seen them before! They are nice, certainly unique. Are they a low-vis version? By which I mean, was there a version with brighter colours, because that'd be even better!

I think these are the high viz version, they don't look so bright because white is the dominant color. I don't think other versions were produced, cause the few information I was able to gather explains that these were only used for 6 months. Afterwards all roundels were coordinated on a national level and the ones used here were canceled.

McColm

Wow, great work. Some how I don't think my Mig 1.44 will end up looking like yours. :banghead:

flappydaffy

Quote from: FAR148 on January 18, 2013, 11:16:17 AM
:bow: :bow: WOW!!!  :bow: :bow:

I love that camo job!!!

Amazing work and thanks for the inspiration!

Steven L  :wub:

you're welcome, I owed you from your terrific f-104  ;)

Quote from: MichelC on January 19, 2013, 02:28:01 AM
That rocks!!  :bow:

Keep them coming!

Michel

I don't know... maybe I'll build one according to the plan next time... just kidding, more whiffs are on there way ^^

Quote from: McColm on January 19, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
Wow, great work. Some how I don't think my Mig 1.44 will end up looking like yours. :banghead:

thanks but why wouldn't he? just take your time, took me about a year to build ;)