Flappydaffy's thread: I'm back on page 23 (Gnat, Provost and Mig 3)

Started by flappydaffy, January 09, 2011, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want more pixel camo's?

yes
No

bearmatt

Julian,

Glad to hear that it took you more or less the same time as for me, when I get to finish a plane....  :smiley:

Your Mig 1.44 rocks! We need more of that stuff here! This one is definitely on the top of the list of my favourites.
And something very interesting btw is, how big of a beast this Mig is, compared to the mighty dragon and YF-23 (which both aren't small compared to other combat jets....!)

Cheers

bearmatt
The carpet monster took it!

Captain Canada

The 1.44 looks awesome ! Neat choice of colours. That's one of those aeroplanes that I'm on the fence with. Some angles it looks great, while others it just seems wrong..... :blink:

And that's quite the stealthy collection you're building ! I'd like to see one painted up to blend in with the carpet  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

Quote from: bearmatt on January 20, 2013, 11:17:46 PM
Julian,

Glad to hear that it took you more or less the same time as for me, when I get to finish a plane....  :smiley:

Your Mig 1.44 rocks! We need more of that stuff here! This one is definitely on the top of the list of my favourites.
And something very interesting btw is, how big of a beast this Mig is, compared to the mighty dragon and YF-23 (which both aren't small compared to other combat jets....!)

Cheers

bearmatt

And it's small compared to its competitor the S-37... Bigger is better, thank Yorgi  :tank:

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 21, 2013, 07:57:18 PM
The 1.44 looks awesome ! Neat choice of colours. That's one of those aeroplanes that I'm on the fence with. Some angles it looks great, while others it just seems wrong..... :blink:

And that's quite the stealthy collection you're building ! I'd like to see one painted up to blend in with the carpet  :thumbsup:

I agree, and he definitely looks better in the air than on the ground!!

And here we have it folks!! A second finished kit in the same month (don't get used to it ^^). Airifx kit with PJ Pilots and some custom made decals :) Hope you'll like it, and I recommend the kit that turns into a fun nerves calming build!!

I'm of to find a new started model kit that could use a coat of paint, the airbrush is warmed up ^^

cheers
Julian

bearmatt

Very nice! It has something greekish to me...  :smiley:
Any more information about this "palm tree airforce"....?  ;D
The carpet monster took it!

loupgarou

Like the camo a lot! Should be very effective in desert areas.
Any more info about your air force?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

flappydaffy

It's a plane from the Royal Fiji Air force  :drink: I found the roundels on this website but I don't remember where  :blink:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: MichelC on January 21, 2013, 11:52:21 PM
That's sweet!  :wub:

Love the pale, pastel colors!

Michel

Second that. Just had a couple of days ago the idea to create "something" with an Iran-inspired livery in pale ochre and bluish grey, similar to your creation. Very nice!  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Quote from: flappydaffy on January 21, 2013, 09:58:41 PM
I'm of to find a new started model kit that could use a coat of paint, the airbrush is warmed up ^^

That's the spirit !

Great job on the little Gnat. Lovely subtle camo to her. How much surgery did you have to do on the pilots to wedge them in there ? Or did you just put them on a strict diet..... :thumbsup: The more I see the Gnat, the more I want one ! Or two....love the shot from the top. That thing has some neat shapes to it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

flappydaffy

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 22, 2013, 04:50:32 AM
Quote from: flappydaffy on January 21, 2013, 09:58:41 PM

That's the spirit !

Great job on the little Gnat. Lovely subtle camo to her. How much surgery did you have to do on the pilots to wedge them in there ? Or did you just put them on a strict diet..... :thumbsup: The more I see the Gnat, the more I want one ! Or two....love the shot from the top. That thing has some neat shapes to it !

:cheers:

It's been a while since this build started, but I don't recall any problems with the pilots. Since the were payed before the seats were, I will have to call this one on: entered with no effort !

James

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Really like that. Love that pastel camouflage.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

TallEng

What a cracking looking Gnat :thumbsup:
Nice camouflage too.
I can recommend a Gnat (or two) to any one ;D
And when you've finished it (them) you could post
Them in the Gnat group build :thumbsup:
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die