Brotherhood of the Rafale

Started by FAR148, January 13, 2011, 01:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 14, 2011, 08:12:13 PM
I have a Rafale that will be getting EJ200 (Typhoon) engines and Flying Fist (899NAS) markings. Possibly a few other mods as well, mostly small details like Typhoon countermeasures pods, IRST ball, retractable IFR probe, etc. It should get done soon, as it's high on the to-do list. :)

Should look good.  I have a 1/48 one - have just ordered the appropriate decals for it (no hints ;)).

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

rafi

Hi,

Don't forget my East German Rafale...

Regards,

Rafi

GTX

:wub: I don't recall seeing that one - any more pics or info?

Regards,

Greg

chrisonord

Here is the 2 I did a few weeks back, both in Honduras markings.

Both are 1/72nd scale the first one is the Italeri Rafale M, and the second is the Hobbyboss Rafale C.
I would like to do a 2 seater also.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

GTX

Quote from: rafi on January 15, 2011, 12:31:32 PM
Here is a link where you can find more info...

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,16028.msg224502.html#msg224502

Ok, I'm getting old.  Not only had I seen that before - I actually made comment. :banghead:

Regards,

Greg

FAR148

Cool Rafales guy! :thumbsup:
Here's a modified Rafale I found online

more here...http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=70019&view=findpost&p=1469592

Steven L  :wacko:

GTX

Has anyone done a Taiwanese one?

Regards,

Greg

rafi

Hi,

Doudou did one...

Regardsn

Rafi

Radish

MMmmmmmmm!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm?????

Mmmmmmmmmm :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Cliffy B

Gentlemen!  When it comes to the available kits of the Rafale, which are ones to buy and which should we stay away from?  I want to build one in either 1/144 or 1/72.  In those Scales ROG makes the only 1/144 (looks very nice), and Hobby Boss, and Italeri make the only 1/72 ones.  I can't find any reviews of the HB kits and the Italeri ones seem pretty bad, lack of cockpit and raised panel lines  :banghead:  Anyone know if the HB kits are worth it?  I'm looking to get a "B" model two seater and navalize it.  Any suggestions?  I may spring for the 1/48 ROG bird but I'm more of a 1/72 builder so we'll see. 

And GTX, no need for an apology.  I'm starting to make my own blanks for profiles now.  The naval drawing you posted is exactly what I need to make a two-seater.  I needed to see the differences and that drawing showed them.  Thanks!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Cliffy B

Well in my search for a 1/72 HB build I found this awesome build thread for a Finnish bird!  This is OOB as well!

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50393&start=100

It was posted over here a while back.

I'm thinking I'm going to get the HB kit and those VFC-111 decals you posted from Sprue Brothers  :wacko:
-Tom Clancy

-Anonymous

-Anonymous

Nick

I have the early Heller Rafale kit in my stash which I suspect is very basic compared with more up to date models. I just need to think of a scheme and then find time to build it!

Army of One

Quote from: Cliffy B on January 16, 2011, 07:55:47 AM
I may spring for the 1/48 ROG bird but I'm more of a 1/72 builder so we'll see.  

Cliffy.....I am mainly the same.....however.......MZ have a sale on and the Revell 1/48 Rafale two seater is £9.99 down from about £22......I went an got one.....the kit is awesome..!!!!!! Highly recommended.....!!!!! If you don't have a MZ near you I will pick one up n post it if required....we can come to an agreement re post if you want.......its a spanking kit n great value.....oh.....the French decals are cool......tigermeet decals are stunning..... .
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Cliffy B

Hey guys, I've been staring at photos and drawings of Rafales for hours now and one thing still eludes me; where the heck is the bloody 30mm cannon?!  :blink:  I can't find a cannon port for anything.  I feel like its staring me in the face but I still can't find it  :banghead:

Army of One:  Thanks for the offer but I'm in the states.  It'd probably cost you more to ship it to me then MZ would charge  :-\  I appreciate it though man, I really do  :thumbsup:

Profiles are on their way, stay tuned!
-Tom Clancy

-Anonymous

-Anonymous