crewe show 2011

Started by Martin H, January 16, 2011, 03:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on February 27, 2011, 01:11:16 AM
The stand is set up. Ready to confuse the punters

It confused us, never mind the punters: every time you wandered off, a parade of people would come along asking about your models, leaving Hank and me mostly looking blankly at each other.

Do you think name placards would be a good idea? Not the whole back story, just enough info to identify the model and/or make the joke work?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Yeah......was funny....other than more than likely a Sherman with a modified KV2 turret.....as Manuel said....'I know nothing....!'.....a small placard maybe would help.....I might do some for the next show I go to......I regret not getting a 1/48 blackhawk......italeri (?).....worth it for the miniguns alone....! And get a spare kit to boot...!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

'Twas a good day.

The Meerkats drew attention....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Army of One

Some great pics there Martin....I have to admit,even though it was right infront of me....I didn't take in the swept wing of the Magista.....doh!! Great build that....! Loved the MigGina as well.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

Nice to see that my P-40R(n) is still in one piece and making a few shows  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

ohhh it will be doing a few more shows before its reunited with you :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

What was the Norwegian F-5 type thingie please?

And it's good to see the TrackRover made it 'in the plastic'!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on February 27, 2011, 01:47:22 PM
Nice to see that my P-40R(n) is still in one piece and making a few shows  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Argh - I've only just realised what that is, even though there's a P-40Q sat right next to it....someoneasked me about it and I was stumped  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2011, 04:51:50 PM
What was the Norwegian F-5 type thingie please?

And it's good to see the TrackRover made it 'in the plastic'!  :thumbsup:

It's my Northrop FA-5K: first thing I ever built on here, for the 1-week GB in 2008. It's based on the drawings in American Secret Projects of unbuilt Northrop plans in between the F-5E and the YF-17. Some of the earliest of these were essentially an F-5E with a shoulder-mounted wing, which is very buildable. However the only thing I had to hand was an F-5B, so it got the Mitsubishi F1-style canopy treatment.

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on February 27, 2011, 01:55:00 PM
ohhh it will be doing a few more shows before its reunited with you :)

Thats good to hear Martin.

Quote from: Weaver on February 27, 2011, 06:38:43 PM
Argh - I've only just realised what that is, even though there's a P-40Q sat right next to it....someoneasked me about it and I was stumped  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

There was a descritpin with it at Glasgow when I handed it to OGL

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on February 27, 2011, 09:56:59 AM

It confused us, never mind the punters: every time you wandered off, a parade of people would come along asking about your models, leaving Hank and me mostly looking blankly at each other.

Do you think name placards would be a good idea? Not the whole back story, just enough info to identify the model and/or make the joke work?

Do you know how often we've tried to do this over the last couple of years ? I even went to the trouble of providing a card index file and numbered markers (sweeties Dunc ?  ;D) for the RAF 100 display at Telford. Took ages to sort out and getting the info was sometimes problamatic. We are getting better, more members bring labels of one kind or another but you will never, ever get everybody to provide them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2011, 06:28:38 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 27, 2011, 09:56:59 AM

Do you know how often we've tried to do this over the last couple of years ? I even went to the trouble of providing a card index file and numbered markers (sweeties Dunc ?  ;D) for the RAF 100 display at Telford. Took ages to sort out and getting the info was sometimes problamatic. We are getting better, more members bring labels of one kind or another but you will never, ever get everybody to provide them.

Well fair enough, but I'll provide them in future (not that I anticipate doing more shows this year). I would have done already, but I looked at the pics from Bolton and saw that it wasn't the "house style".

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

I can gurantee one person who won't be bringing labels - me!  I don't wear or carry them and I refuse to be labelled.  That goes for my models too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter