Motorcycle ideas

Started by Weaver, January 17, 2011, 04:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Here's something you could do with one of those endless bloody BMW R75/Zundapp sidecar outfits. I'll bet someone like Plusmodel does a piano in 1/35th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcsg-TImc9o

It has been done before mind, as well as a lot of other crazy stuff, by the Isle of Mann's own Purple Helmets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJyzxHGM2YE&NR=1

Do NOT show Radish the pianist..... :o :blink: :wacko:

EDIT: Yep! Knew it!  ;D

http://www.plusmodel.cz/karta_en.php?id=371
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Joe C-P

I found I have a 1/72 BMW motorcycle and sidecar from my youth. I'm thinking of turning it into a Patchwork World fast patrol bike for one of the Haudenosaunee Nations.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

Awesome Steampunk Motorcycle art by Kevin Mowrer:

More here: http://mowrerart.blogspot.ca/2012/11/steampunk-motorcycle-3d-completed.html

Looks doable to me....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

That sidecar piano bike is a gas !

:lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

major

I'm convinced 'They' have put something in the water supply
in the British isles. Cunning stunts by the helmets!
Just google rat bikes and rat trikes, think the Brits may have
invented Diesel punk!

Weaver

Rat Bike Zone is your friend  :wacko::

http://www.ratbike.org/

My own rather mild contribution to the genre from a few years ago:

It duly blew up of course (who needs oil coolers anyway?) and in typically respectful ratbike fashion, it got sold to a mate who did aluminium smelting: quite a bit of the engine ended up as ashtrays.... ;D

The symbol on the fairing is from Patrick Woodroffe's Pentateuch of the Cosmogeny and translates as "Pretty Vermin".... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Thanks for that link !

Saw this beauty up in St. John's NL a few years back.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Nice one!  :thumbsup: (well, not "nice", but you know... (paying a rat bike a compliment is almost as tricky as using the right tense in time travel  :rolleyes:))

Pretty Vermin was a heavy pig and not nearly as comfortable as it looked*, but boy could it carry a lot of camping gear! I used to carry one of these inside a pannier:

Hideously space inefficient, but it did NOT fall over.... Now I carry something like this:

Which is great as long as you don't sneeze.... :rolleyes:

*The bike's seat looks wide and comfy, but actually it was wide and hard with sharpish corners that dug into my thighs and gave me dead-legs. I once had the scary experience of coming off the motorway in Stockport and finding, as I sped towards a traffic light, that I couldn't move either leg...... :o  It didn't turn red, which is why I'm still here.......

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

That's funny cause I did notice the seat and thought it looked comfortable ! It's not stock tho ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

H.... please do tell, how on earth did you blow an XJ 900 engine up? :o :-\
They are made from anvils, much like the GS/GSX engines of old and could do several trips to the moon and back ;D
The CBR in the background looks very familiar to me as being a bike my mate used to own. I have been tempted to turn something to the matt darkside for a while now, just for the rallies, maybe a bigish trailie and put a inline four in to it, like you doand paint all the bodywork and corrodable metal parts in a matt rubber sealant paint.
Chris   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Geoff

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 08, 2013, 05:49:30 AM
Thanks for that link !

Saw this beauty up in St. John's NL a few years back.

I always love rat bikes!!!!!!!!!

PR19_Kit

OK, please explain what defines a 'rat bike' to the unitiated.

Having only ever ridden one motor-cycle in my entire life I haven't got a clue.  (for the record it was a Triumph Bonnevillle with a sidecar, sometimes with all three wheels......)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

A rat bike (or car) is a bike that looks ratty. Rusty *, nonessential parts like body panels missing, never washed, etc. The builder often tries to put the best mechanical bits into the worst-looking enclosure.

* but not in the usual sense. A door panel for instance won't have a rotted-through bottom edge, it'll be structurally intact but with all of its paint removed and evenly rust-brown.

chrisonord

Quote from: Hobbes on February 09, 2013, 03:20:53 AM
A rat bike (or car) is a bike that looks ratty. Rusty *, nonessential parts like body panels missing, never washed, etc. The builder often tries to put the best mechanical bits into the worst-looking enclosure.

* but not in the usual sense. A door panel for instance won't have a rotted-through bottom edge, it'll be structurally intact but with all of its paint removed and evenly rust-brown.
And it has to be matt black  :mellow:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!