Main Menu

Hind-SKL

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 18, 2011, 12:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

I have experimented with 4.5mm and 6mm BB's the smaller being steel n the larger being plastic.....not bad a result either.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

Ok so today I sat down and looked at what needed to be done next... puttying? Hmmm. I decided to check the 1/72 apache against the hind to see where I had to make cuts and before I knew I had my razor saw in hand and was going to town! considering how little I had really planned it overall, It came out very well!! I just marked and cut and repeated for a very fun half hour or so:

good to have the Mojo working!

Test fitting it was not easy (the unglued pieces want to slip and slide all over) and finding exactly how to position it was a challenge as well. But I think I finally got it:

I was afraid to sneeze lest the whole thing come undone! Then I got really gutsy and taped the sensor on there:

Overall shockingly easy! And Although not a dead on match to the ATE hind its surprisingly close! Looks like a prehistoric insect (the perfect look!) My original plan was to cut the side sponsons down until it fit perfectly even up front, but I realized I can simply fill that gap up in front of the cockpit (near where the white tape is) and just say "Done!" which will be faster and much easier. I finally did sit down and putty it:

New spares!

Cool CG image:

I had another idea for the utility hind as well, A third engine like the CH-53E  :wacko:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Gondor

Just a suggestion about the sensor area to get a better fit, perhaps cut the nose area from your Apache off from the cheeks and then fit the parts separately. This will allow you to have a circular mounting for the upper sensor instead of the odd shape in the pictures and the cheeks can be faired in after fitting however you wish to fit them.

It's looking great so far  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChernayaAkula

Way, way cool!  :bow: The insect-like appearance is very fitting in this case. The Phalanx ammo drum and the spindly legs will add to that as well.  :thumbsup:

What did you glue the LEGO part with? Does it work with normal modelling glue?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

saintkatanalegacy

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on January 30, 2011, 01:31:44 PM
Overall shockingly easy!
easy huh? :rolleyes:
I had another idea for the utility hind as well, A third engine like the CH-53E  :wacko:
looks like I have to come up with something more difficult then :wacko:
Ivylicious!™

saintkatanalegacy

hmmm... wonder what has become of this project :unsure:
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

I have been busy! Might work on it more today

Eddie M.

I like the look of this very much! :)
Look behind you!

Army of One

Oh yes......way cool,awesome...!!! Work faster at work n do more modelling..... :thumbsup:   ;)
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ysi_maniac

This is going to be a winner, SURE! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

pedrospe

that is an amazing version of the mi-24 and this last picture of the helicopter,looks like a cgi design, great work.

regards

Pedro

Stargazer

Quote from: pedrospe on February 12, 2011, 06:26:03 AM
that is an amazing version of the mi-24 and this last picture of the helicopter,looks like a cgi design, great work.

Read again. Last pic IS a CGI image given as a reference of what the model could look like when finished!  :rolleyes:

saintkatanalegacy

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on February 12, 2011, 08:14:18 AM
Read again. Last pic IS a CGI image given as a reference of what the model could look like when finished!  :rolleyes:
you sound almost like AG here :rolleyes:
Ivylicious!™

Stargazer

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on February 12, 2011, 09:26:41 PM
Quote from: Stargazer2006 on February 12, 2011, 08:14:18 AM
you sound almost like AG here :rolleyes:

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Who's AG???