Main Menu

Hind-SKL

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 18, 2011, 12:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Neat looking concept :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing more progress.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Army of One

As Aaron Lewis sang with the group Stain'd................'It's been a while...........'  ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Sorry for the lack of updates folks, there just isn't that much excitement to be seen from putty,sand, putty, sand!

Quote from: Gondor on January 30, 2011, 01:49:49 PM
Just a suggestion about the sensor area to get a better fit, perhaps cut the nose area from your Apache off from the cheeks and then fit the parts separately. This will allow you to have a circular mounting for the upper sensor instead of the odd shape in the pictures and the cheeks can be faired in after fitting however you wish to fit them.

It's looking great so far  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor, I have seriously considered your suggestion, I thought about it for a few days, but after a lot of deliberation I feel It will add a lot more time to something I am pretty satisfied with already. Plus there is no guarantee I won't botch it and add more time, or worse have to start it over again!  :banghead: I was not planning on making the sensor a perfect circle in the first place so I don't mind the odd shape either.  Thanks for mentioning it though, Like i said it makes a lot of sense and I was planning on doing it for a while before deciding not to  :bow:

Overall this project isn't going half bad-- all the rotor sub assemblies are set. I just have to put them together. The nose fairings are in the same ball park, just a matter of gluing them. I plan on priming where I sanded and loooking for flaws today  :cheers:

In other "Real life Ben news" I might be taking a week off of building or so to handle some other things, we will have to see. apologize for the delay  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tc2324

Nothing wrong in just seeing putty, sand, putty and sand.... ;D

Liking the shape from what I can make out and looking out for the next update. :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Army of One

My breath is well n truly baited.....!!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

saintkatanalegacy

no need to hurry this particular project

I did say after all that I'd like it to win as whiff of the year ;D
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Some progress. Other parts have been giving me a hard time today  :banghead: :banghead:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

Oooooh.............ssmmooooooooooooth....!!!!  :thumbsup: Keep at it Mr TDcat.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

saintkatanalegacy

now people will think twice before calling the hind big fat and ugly ;)
Ivylicious!™

Taiidantomcat

Stargazer

Quote from: saintkatanalegacy on February 20, 2011, 03:41:44 AM
now people will think twice before calling the hind big fat and ugly ;)

Well, yeah... Now we can remove the "fat" bit...  ;D

Army of One

Absolutely great......coming along nicely there Mr TD..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!