Re-engined Arado E-555

Started by Aircav, May 22, 2004, 05:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Still not to sure as what to do with the original engine mount on the kit, cover it with a H2S radome off a lanc' or mount a drop tank on it as a parachute housing.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

I'm going to fit the undercarriage after painting otherwise the large doors will make it hard to paint the engine nacelles

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Aircav

Overall this nice kit goes together quite quickly

Sir Sydney Camm

Aircav

I'm thinking of doing another with four buried engines, two either side of the bomb bay with leading edge intakes or maybe one with a pusher prop off a pogo

Sir Sydney Camm

Aircav

Not the best of pic's but it'll give you some idea of what see looks like.
I'll got the upper turret and wheels to add, plus another coat of varnish.

Sir Sydney Camm

Gary

Sweet mother of pearl that looks so right!
Getting back into modeling

nev

wow, she looks mean  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

She'll be there but the Osprey's won't cos I'm working on a centre peice for them  :ph34r:  

Sir Sydney Camm

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on March 14, 2008, 11:53:01 PM
So where are the images of the finished model?

Request seconded...    -_-
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Aircav

I'll have to get the camera fired up but this is from one of the shows for going on with

Sir Sydney Camm

wolfik

nice idea and a good build!!!
btw....for these two bullets I would have here in germany some big problems :)

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

frank2056

That looks fantastic! I love those B-36 engines.

The 555 kit is a really enjoyable build. RoG did a great job with most of their Luft 46 kits (The B&V P.194 is another fun build).

cthulhu77

How did I miss this???  Really cool idea, and the markings are perfect.

Hobbes