Re-engined Arado E-555

Started by Aircav, May 22, 2004, 05:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I just noticed that the slope of the engine mounts matches/continues the slope of the vertical fins! Pretty!!!

proditor

It looks perfect with B-36 nacelles.  Awesome job!!  :thumbsup:

Aircav

Thanks for all you comments and here's some more pictures, I think it needs dirtying up a bit.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

John Howling Mouse

Oh yeah....these pics do the model justice.  You nailed it, from the believable rubber look of the tires to some very fine masking of the canopy.  Imagine these flying in formation over your skies (shudder)!   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Aircav

Canopy frames are hand painted  ;D :thumbsup:

Sir Sydney Camm

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Aircav on March 20, 2008, 03:08:24 AM

Aw hell. Really?   :blink:  Eddie, do you still have my knitting needles? 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that's some stellar work on that canopy framing! I like the fact you used Hungarian markings too! It's a treat to see a whiff like this in something other than the standard Luft markings.

Excellent and truly inspired work, Aircav!

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 20, 2008, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: Aircav on March 20, 2008, 03:08:24 AM

Aw hell. Really?   :blink:  Eddie, do you still have my knitting needles? 

Yes, but I'll be using them first. I love this! :wub: Great work!! :ph34r: :cheers:
Look behind you!

Martin H

Nice to see the old girl again steve.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ed S

Beautiful model.  Well done.  And hand painted canopy frames.  That is impressive.

Ed
:thumbsup:
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

I don't know why, but I think it would look cool with the low viz style of marking as worn by their latest Gripens:

Certainly make black and white photos easier.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!