F-86T Sabre-Hawk

Started by John Howling Mouse, May 22, 2004, 01:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-32

Beautiful looking aircraft and great looking kit, keep the shots coming. :D  

Ollie

Yes, we do get a kick out of your shots, as in "Get moving, finish something you lazy Frenchy!"

:lol:  :wub:  :cheers:  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteYes, we do get a kick out of your shots, as in "Get moving, finish something you lazy Frenchy!"

:lol:  :wub:  :cheers:
Yeah, speaking of which, how did your SAR helo turn out?    ^_^

I was so looking forward to seeing that completed but I've spent the last month or so distracted by something else (stupid cars) that I may have missed the thread updates.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

It's almost donw Barry.

One wash to do, then flat on 2 spots and some future again.

I'll try to work on it today.

B)  

nev

Looking great Baz.  She looks like one of those kits that just goes together real quick and before you know it you're onto the painting.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Fabulous stuff.
Have you examined "Duncan's F-86"
site?
There's some interesting shots of Yugoslavian F-86Ds converted to photo recce aircraft.
I'v a couple of Ds too.
Bulgarian, Rhodesian, later to have Canadian and Royal navy navalised ones.
:ar:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Sweet, bear !

Sabredogs are cool............

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Some weird in-progress shots to show some of the steps involved (that nobody but a fellow what-iffer would even care to try).

You see here the forward tail spine to accommodate the lengthened tailplane chord.

It is a piece of "Evergreen" brand white styrene stock shaped prior to cutting from the original piece.

You can also see the notch I cut into the leading edge of the tailfin...

Will it all end up fitting together, though?

John Howling Mouse

Close-up of the tail spine.  Took twenty minutes to get this right.

John Howling Mouse

The handmade tail spine has been inserted into the notch on the leading edge of the tailfin.

So far, so good...

John Howling Mouse

And now, the unnerving part: trying desperately to line up two tailfins without any of the usual comfort factor mainstream kit assembly gives you.  No notches, no splines, tabs, or locator pins.

Of course, the one time I need my CA-glue accelerator the most (in order to have the tailplanes set up correctly), the damn pump-sprayer on the little bottle fails to work.

All in all, while not perfect, the tailplanes are now installed and this baby just became unique!

I mean that in a good way!   :wacko:

John Howling Mouse

Another view of the installed Tee-Tail.

retro_seventies

god damn barry.  :angry:

here's me getting all excited about actually picking up a kit and here you are getting all "handcrafted by experts" on me.   :lol:

she's looking marvellous mate - i am LOVING it.

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Gary

Holy Smokes! My laptop just got pushed off my lap by something I'm not allowed to say!  :o  :lol:

That is so amazing. I have a 72nd Dog from hasselgoaway that I was gonna play with. I am so impressed with yours now I think I'll try and swap up to a Mono one just to see if I can do half as nice a job!

Of course now I wanna put a T-tail on my 93 plymouth acclaim! :dum:  
Getting back into modeling

WeeJimmy

Now that's giv'n the dog a T-bone ;)

Beautiful work :wub: