Knightwing International Models

Started by Weaver, January 20, 2011, 07:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Knightwing mostly do railway accessory kits, but they also have a range of modern trucks, trailers and containers in OO-HO. Now I'm not 100% sure, but I stongly suspect that these are the old (and now collectable in the original boxings) Keil Kraft models, based mainly on the fact that it's exactly the same range! They were originally described by KK as 1/72nd scale, but HO-OO is 1/76th.... :unsure:

Anyway, check them out: there's not much modern truckage available in 1/72nd scale plastic:

http://www.knightwing.co.uk/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?product=OO-HO_Road_Transport_Kits&cart_id=1295576924.985

Have a scout around the rest of the site too. These fork lifts come under "lineside", for instance, and are available in a lower-price double pack too (not sure if they're plastic or white metal, suspect the latter):

The "Universal" range also have lots of generic useful stuff like pipes and girder trusses.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I've used lots of Knightwing stuff in the past, mostly their N gauge model railway stuff, which works well for 1/144 dioramas as British N gauge is 1/148 scale. It's good quality stuff and not expensive ither.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

I've been seeing their stuff in our local (railway oriented) model shops for ages, but didn't know about (or just missed  :rolleyes:) the trucks.

That Foden Haulmaster tipper (top pic) has lots of potential. You could use the cab to moderrnise some of the very oldy-worldy WWII stuff that dominates the market, like the Airfix Matador refueller, for example. You could use one of the trailers and/or stock materials to turn it into a straight military or civil transport, or you could add a weapon to it. I like the idea of a Caesar-style tube artillery piece plus split crew cabs, or you could fit a multiple rocket launcher plus a reload pack, like those Czech RM70 systems based on a Tatra 813 chassis.

BTW, I think, but I'm not sure, that the fork lifts are white metal rather than plastic.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

The N  gauge forklifts certainly are white metal, I have a number of them and they look exactly like the ones in your piccies, but presumably smaller.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Doc Yo

Keil Kraft was briefly available from Squadron in the states, years and years ago, but at the time their range
was mainly very early stuff. I remember kicking myself for not getting the traction engine that was the basis
for the Boer War 'Road Train'. ( early armored vehicle, more of a troop carrier than anything ) I think it was a
Fowler traction engine, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, its great that this stuff is available again!

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2011, 07:13:42 AM
The N  gauge forklifts certainly are white metal, I have a number of them and they look exactly like the ones in your piccies, but presumably smaller.

Confirmed it with the LHS today - they are white metal.

- Indiana Jones

RotorheadTX

I recognize that Volvo semi-tractor as a KeilKraft kit, certainly.
Would like to get several of the Foden 12-wheelers; they have tons of potential!