The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 21, 2013, 09:06:31 PM
Missing the point on a few of them....the Lynx looks fine to me...the crew look pretty funny tho !

:thumbsup:

The only thing with the Lynx is thats its a Whif, Army version with skids in RN markings but then again the Royal Australian Navy had Scouts instead of Wasp.  ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

From the pic I seen the Airfix 1/400 type VII U-boat looks pretty bad considering their recent box covers....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Doesn't tell you much about the kit OR the real thing, does it?  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

There's a little profile in the bottom right corner. The good news is, after setting all that allied shipping ablaze, with 3 destroyers or corvettes heading her way whilst surfaced, she won't be around much longer !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

Is it a plane? Is it a bird? Is it an ugly boxart? No, it's even worse than this:

It is simply terrible! I couldn't find one single part which is even slightly correct - can you?
My "favourite" though is the midget with the Korean (or Vietnam?) war-era helmet. ;D ;D ;D

Weaver

Are you sure it's a model kit and not a novelty hand-held electric fan? I was just looking at the prop.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

That is absolutely APPALLING, and that's amongst the generally awful box art that Hobbycraft coughed up anyway! What were they thinking of? It'd hardly attract a serious model maker in the slightest.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Guess that's the reason it was marked 3.75 Kit.  :banghead:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Rat

Just when I thought a Stuka couldn't get any uglier...  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

I like the cartoon landing gear.....but the canopy does look rather slick !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Big Gimper

Note the Tundra tires used for Northern Canada and Alaskan Ops.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

tahsin

Whenever I check this page and see the Stuka, I think T-34, the trainer. So Sixties with the bonedome after all... Pity if the stuff inside the box adds up to a real Stuka.

Weaver

Thanks to Major for finding the glorious Malka Bros Phantom below: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,38390.msg628046.html#new

That motivated me to go have a look at the vendor's webshop, which is full of interesting collectables: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sea-Sun

It's also a gold mine of bad box art:

Malka's Concorde box art isn't particularly bad (but look hard at the nose), however check out the decals:

Starfix classics: the gift that keeps on giving.... ;D

(at that range, the Mirage pilot could just walk across to the MiG and thump the pilot...)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Some of those Starfix paintings are awesome ! Why, any kiddie in school would surely get top marks for one of those renderings !

I was also looking back at the Stuka.....I think the pilot might have actually been at fault. Surely he signed out a U-2 but climbed into the wrong a/c !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?