Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 24, 2020, 05:50:08 AM
Quote from: kerick on January 23, 2020, 09:06:53 PM
They called it "Old Stumpy".

I like the fact it's from "The Other Side Series"  ;D

Other side of what ? Reality ?  ;)

;D ;D ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

Quote from: The Rat on January 23, 2020, 02:58:23 PM
Looks a bit... truncated?

I have  built this, it is very erm, cylindrical  so to speak
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Didn't Weaver use one of those to build an LSR car a while back?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Not sure if this has been posted already (I'm not wading through 28 pages!), but this is not good. In fact it's bad. But the price was okay, and I took pity on it.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

NARSES2

In 20 years time or so that will be seen as a classic, especially drawing comment for the use of "pastel shades" by the artist  ;)

Seriously it does remind me of a different world a long, long time ago, when kits coming from Eastern Europe were still a rarity. Indeed we probably wouldn't use the term "Eastern Europe" anymore. I stopped using it when a Czech Lady at a Prague restaurant had a bit of a dig at me about it  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Personally, I do not find it THAT bad. The Iskra is depicted quite well, a bit slender, maybe, but the overall style is a typical "modernist-communism" example:

Might be ugly, but it actually has IMHO artistic value.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 29, 2020, 02:04:01 AM

Dizzy as it happens I agree with you. It does have a certain "look" about it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Amusingly, my wife is collecting some kits for me on Monday (she put me onto the seller but the penalty is that I have to pick her & a friend up after work) & one is a (I think) Modelsvit 1/72 TS-11 "Iskra"

Another in the bunch is a Czech Yak-23(?? :unsure: ??) from an unknown source (photo only showed the box art of the aircraft but no details).

I can't remember if I ordered the Bereznyak-Isayev BI-1 or not ... if I didn't, I certainly should have!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: The Rat on February 28, 2020, 10:16:15 AM

I like it.  It is in a similar vein to this from my own stash.
Gloster 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 25, 2020, 12:29:55 PM
Didn't Weaver use one of those to build an LSR car a while back?

Not guilty. I've used a couple of VEB Plasticart Su-7s to make 'BAC Thunderbolts' (single-engined Lightnings), one of which is still unfinished.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ericr

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 29, 2020, 02:06:39 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 29, 2020, 02:04:01 AM

Dizzy as it happens I agree with you. It does have a certain "look" about it  :thumbsup:

it is a bit simplistic, but this precisely gives it a "stylized" look

TheChronicOne

The three little racing gliders I made were all of this style. Here's one:

-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

I'll just leave this here, okay?

The Rat