The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

CANSO

Another box art from the category "Whisky Tango Foxtrot" ;D:

I could never imagine what was the artist looking at when creating this piece of art.
And what's under the wings:
A. Pylons/bomb racks (Me-109 has no underwing pylons)
B. Gun pods with no gun barrels
C. Dried herrings  :rolleyes:
It is possible that we already had the other boxing of the same model in this thread (from the same category):

The Rat

Many years ago, in the Dark Times, there was a belief that all aircraft had guns and bombs. And they all had lines emanating from the tips of wings and tails. Such were the myths and legends of our ancestors.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

A very few Bf-109s and all HA-1112s had underwing hardpoints for things like drop tanks or rockets, so maybe the artist saw one of those and just assumed that they were universal harpoints that could carry anything (or mistook rockets for bombs...).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

I think the artist may have drawn it from memory...

...and be suffering from selective amnesia.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on May 19, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
Many years ago, in the Dark Times, there was a belief that all aircraft had guns and bombs. And they all had lines emanating from the tips of wings and tails. Such were the myths and legends of our ancestors.

You mean that's not true ? You'll be telling me next that the aircraft's cannon don't have straight solid lines emanating from the barrels whilst the machine guns have dotted lines ?  :angel:

Quote from: CANSO on May 19, 2020, 10:02:28 PM

They certainly look like fish of some kind  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2020, 05:45:58 AM
Quote from: The Rat on May 19, 2020, 11:00:20 PM

You mean that's not true ? You'll be telling me next that the aircraft's cannon don't have straight solid lines emanating from the barrels whilst the machine guns have dotted lines ?  :angel:

Quote from: CANSO on May 19, 2020, 10:02:28 PM

They certainly look like fish of some kind  ;)

I think (insert here emoticon for failing memory) that pilot fish are black and white striped like those
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 20, 2020, 07:09:33 AM

I think (insert here emoticon for failing memory) that pilot fish are black and white striped like those

In which case they wouldn't need any racks under the wings, they'd 'suck' themselves onto the undersurfaces anyway.   ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I think that the ones with suckers are Remora, but I'm too lazy to look it up!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

The only thing is that Remoras let go of the shark after it has killed and dart about eating the left over bits, and they might not be able to catch up with the 109 afterwards.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chrisonord

If they are herrings underneath the wings then they must be for deforestation.  ;D
Monty python fans should get that  :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Rat

Quote from: chrisonord on May 21, 2020, 08:19:48 AM
If they are herrings underneath the wings then they must be for deforestation.  ;D
Monty python fans should get that  :wacko:
Chris

Or for the Fish Slapping Dance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

I have at least one Me 109 in the stash.  I'm getting strange urges regarding painting one orange and hanging fish from it...
Fred

zenrat

Have we had this one?  I can't be bothered to go through 30 pages to check.

Italeri 1/72 Stuka Dora.  The artist got it a bit wrong.

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/202/1/3
Fred