The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 23, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Ever-so-slightly (a considerable way) off-topic, but would crossing a Karas with a Barracuda produce the absolutely worst looking aircraft of the 1930s/40s ??

I'll just leave that one hanging, shall I !!

NOTHING could beat a Blackburn Blackburn for pure ugliness!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 24, 2012, 01:27:02 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 23, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Ever-so-slightly (a considerable way) off-topic, but would crossing a Karas with a Barracuda produce the absolutely worst looking aircraft of the 1930s/40s ??

I'll just leave that one hanging, shall I !!

NOTHING could beat a Blackburn Blackburn for pure ugliness!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Indeed: some aircraft fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, but the ugly tree grew on the crash site of the Blackburn Blackburn in the first place....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

CANSO

Quote from: Weaver on March 24, 2012, 12:56:31 PMIndeed: some aircraft fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...
Nothing can beat the ugliest flying monster ever:

And here is the matching boxart ;D:

PR19_Kit

Compared to a Blackburn Blackburn the Farman 222-1 is a beauty!

I'd post a pic of the Blackburn but the mods would probably bar me from the Forum!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Rat

I think the Amiot 143 has it beat

And guess who picked up a kit of that beast today!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

I'll take my chances Kit.....

Here's the positively svelte single-pilot version:

Then, because the single-pilot job obviously wasn't fat and ugly enough, they produced a side-by-side two-pilot trainer version:

Never was the phrase "that'll teach 'em" more aptly applied.....

Weaver, on behalf of:
The Blackburn Blackburn Depreciation Society
"Not coming soon to a model shop near you...."
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

MilitaryAircraft101

The shack is pretty ugly front on...

But can this be beat up any more with the ugly stick??

Cliffy B

Seems Short inherited some of Blackburn's designers postwar...

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

rickshaw

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on March 24, 2012, 08:14:05 PM

That looks like an Airtruk with a radial engine.  I've never seen one without a Lycoming engine.   Sort of one of those appealingly ugly planes I think.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: rickshaw on March 24, 2012, 08:41:57 PM
Sort of one of those appealingly ugly planes I think.
Like the Fairey Gannet  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 24, 2012, 06:05:33 PM

Then, because the single-pilot job obviously wasn't fat and ugly enough, they produced a side-by-side two-pilot trainer version:

Weaver, on behalf of:
The Blackburn Blackburn Depreciation Society
"Not coming soon to a model shop near you...."

The Chief Designer of the two-seater obviously went to work for BAC when they did the Lightning trainers!

I love the BBDS banner, where do we sign up?  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I've always liked those French bombers from the 30's but that twin boom crop sprayer (at least I assume it is) is hideous  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Perhaps a mod could split this topic and start one with all the "ugly aircraft" posts?  :smiley:

NARSES2

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on March 25, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
Perhaps a mod could split this topic and start one with all the "ugly aircraft" posts?  :smiley:

Good suggestion. I'll try and get around to it during the week

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CANSO

Quote from: Weaver on March 24, 2012, 06:05:33 PM
...Then, because the single-pilot job obviously wasn't fat and ugly enough, they produced a side-by-side two-pilot trainer version:
Wow!!! :o Blackburn Blackburn is such a futuristic design - take the wings, the empennage and the wheels away, delete the propeller, add a one-piece bubble canopy (or two) and the thing becomes some kind of an antigrav racer-glider-scooter from the XXII century. And two ultra-laser-plasma-antimatter-whatever guns (sidemounted) will make the military model.
BTW What exactly is the ugly creature (coded "red C") with a tail turret (or maybe Star wars-guns) mounted in the nose section?