The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

That whole rear fuselage is skewed to one side and truncated  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Found this on ebay and just had to share it here as I was having a little difficulty working out if the picture matched the description  :blink:

Its supposed to be a Spitfire

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Weaver

Wow. That reminds me of one of those medieval pictures of an elephant drawn by an artist who'd never actually seen one, but had had one described to him by a traveller....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Rat

Well, they got the prop at the correct end. I think...  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

I like the way the "artist" has somewhat arbitrarily shortened the starboard wing to fit the size of the box lid.  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Snowtrooper

Love how the labelling only reads "frontline fighter". Manufacturer and type are of course unnecessary, since the picture is so lifelike... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a Soviet modification of a Lend-Lease Spitfire - rebuilt as a ground-effect vehicle (what with that wing with chord rivalling the span) with a Soviet radial engine? ;D

The again, the box contents may actually be a knockoff copy of a Lindberg kit, and knowing how "accurate" those were to begin with, the picture might be accurate after all :rolleyes:

zenrat

An Ekranospit?

Did the seller provide any pics of whats in the box?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Having seen one of those boxes before, I think it has a FROG-Spawn Spitfire Mk V kit inside. Hardly state of the art even when it was moulded!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

The fun thing to do would be to buy it and then modify it to look as much like the box art as possible, including the colour... :wacko:

The canopy kind of reminds me of a P-39 if anything.... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on April 22, 2016, 03:45:09 AM

Did the seller provide any pics of whats in the box?

Maybe thankfully no.

Gondor

pirx

Bought this beauty yesterday for EUR 3.

Weaver

Obviously a Candy-Copter powered by these:

- Indiana Jones

Aragorn

Weaver... I have to show up here more often. Your reply gave me a good laugh, thanks for that! (And thanks for all these weird box arts to all the others)
"Den Luftraum über See, beherrscht das MFG" (The aerospace over the seas is ruled by the German Navy Air Arm)

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Chris Payne

I remember seeing this one a few years ago.

I also know a guy who built one and actually had to scratchbuild almost all of the model due to the horrendous fit and shape of the parts that came with the kit. From what I gather, he only managed to use about 9 of the kits parts.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3