The worst box art

Started by philp, January 23, 2011, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Hah!  ;D

Andy Pack Models, he's not far from me in Ross-on-Wye and he STILL owes me a Vampire T11 kit from yonks ago. It kept being a Yak 23 in a T11 box, and I took it back THREE times!

Not the best dealer I ever came across..........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: Chris Payne on April 27, 2016, 03:44:17 PM
I remember seeing this one a few years ago.

I also know a guy who built one and actually had to scratchbuild almost all of the model due to the horrendous fit and shape of the parts that came with the kit. From what I gather, he only managed to use about 9 of the kits parts.

But, if he'd used what was in the box, would it have looked like the box art? :blink:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 27, 2016, 04:18:38 PM
Hah!  ;D

Andy Pack Models, he's not far from me in Ross-on-Wye and he STILL owes me a Vampire T11 kit from yonks ago. It kept being a Yak 23 in a T11 box, and I took it back THREE times!

Not the best dealer I ever came across..........  :banghead:

Maybe it was a Vampire T11 in the box but it just looked like a Yak 23? :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 28, 2016, 03:37:52 AM

Maybe it was a Vampire T11 in the box but it just looked like a Yak 23? :blink:

That's possible of course, the rest would have been flash.  ;D

An assistant in the shop once let me into what they laughingly call 'The Stock Room'. I've got around FOUR times the number of kits in The Loft as they had in there.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Andy Pack was associated with the notorious "Dodgy" Derek Dunham, infamous for taking orders and the cash then not sending the kits.  There were allegedly people looking for him who were going to do him serious physical damage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

loupgarou

I just remembered I could have a serious contender: The Palinton Lituanica.  :wacko:

It has even a content, some sort of half transparent vacuform.

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

jcf

That Bellanca looks like it's moulded from very thin plastic.  :o

If you actually want to build one I'd recommend the Khee-Ka kit:
http://www.mtaonline.net/~zdk/kit003.htm

Weaver

Trumpeter's 1/32nd FT-5 ('MiG-17UTI' effectively):

Posted by Antonio Sobral on BTS: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6275.0;topicseen
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

Here's one I noticed on the box art of an old Sears brand air brush.... See if you can spot the mistake.. 

:o  ;)
-Sprues McDuck-

CANSO

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 17, 2016, 08:29:59 AM
Here's one I noticed on the box art of an old Sears brand air brush.... See if you can spot the mistake.. 

No mistake at all! The guy probably has a very long middle finger. ;D

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

That line isn't the top of his index finger, it's the air hose. Still an awkward way to hold it.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheChronicOne

That's not it.. LOL   Look closer.... he's trying to trigger using his middle finger and has his index finger wrapped around the bottle.  ;)
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

And here I was thinking it was the "No compressor needed"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

Quote from: scooter on November 17, 2016, 05:44:44 PM
And here I was thinking it was the "No compressor needed"
;D ;D

That's another thing... at first I was thinking of those weird little contraptions where one literally puts their mouth on the tube and blows through the hose.. (I can't think for the life of me what it's called or who makes it  ) but I found they mean little aerosol cans type deals.  CANS OF AIR!  (I'm still new to all the airbrushing stuff, so it was news to me..  LOL  )   

I'd rather use a temporary storage tank, fill it up with compressed air from my 8 gallon compressor, then, use the temp tank with a regulator/trap on the hose just before the brush.  I figure I could get at least a few minutes out of it... rather than pay for CANS OF AIR.   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Nothing to do with fingers. They've spelt colours incorrectly  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.